How do you pronounce microwave? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

How do you pronounce microwave?

Go down 
4 posters

?
My-Crow-Wave
How do you pronounce microwave? Vote_lcap100%How do you pronounce microwave? Vote_rcap
 100% [ 4 ]
Me-Crow-Wah-Vay
How do you pronounce microwave? Vote_lcap0%How do you pronounce microwave? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Both of those methods
How do you pronounce microwave? Vote_lcap0%How do you pronounce microwave? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Neither of those methods
 0% [ 0 ]
I refuse to say
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

How do you pronounce microwave? Empty
PostSubject: How do you pronounce microwave?   How do you pronounce microwave? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 1:59 pm

Nigella Lawson has achieved Internet notoriety by pronouncing "microwave" funny. But how do you pronounce it? It's the issue that's tearing the broadband apart. So, vote! Vote Now! rant

And here she is, enlightening us as to how the professionals say it:

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce microwave?   How do you pronounce microwave? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 2:12 pm

I hate to be pedantic and wreck the imagery, but I think she might just be saying it for "comic" effect in front of the cameras. Like pronouncing biscuits as "beece-kways" or similar.

Not that I ever have. shifty
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce microwave?   How do you pronounce microwave? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 3:17 pm

Yes, and saying "Cla'ahm" for Clapham.

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce microwave?   How do you pronounce microwave? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 3:36 pm

And calling Streatham St Reatham.

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce microwave?   How do you pronounce microwave? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 12:28 am

Thinking about this further, there's actually nothing new about making "ugly" words sound more interesting and exotique by deliberately pronouncing them in a French-esque way.

Only in past decades we didn't have Twitter for it to go all ridiculously viral! rant
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce microwave?   How do you pronounce microwave? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you pronounce microwave?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The New Hall of the Wendigo :: Other Stuff :: The Food Hall-
Jump to: