Have you ever made a grabber? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Have you ever made a grabber?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

Have you ever made a grabber? Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever made a grabber?   Have you ever made a grabber? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 6:44 pm

Lying in bed this morning, watching my skin peel off, I suddenly had a vague memory that, when I was at school, our teacher got us to make mechanical grabbers that looked like the one below.

Have you ever made a grabber? YH54b8m

I don't remember what we made them from. I can only assume it was cardboard, as constructing things from more difficult materials was probably beyond the limits of our tiny minds. I'm pretty sure they must have been held together with brass studs of a kind designed to hold paper together.

But have you ever made such grabbers and have they ever proven to be of any use to you?

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever made a grabber?   Have you ever made a grabber? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 6:55 pm

I've never made one, but Lidl were selling plastic grabbers for £3.49 a few weeks ago so I, erm, grabbed one to assist with gardening. happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever made a grabber?   Have you ever made a grabber? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 8:00 pm

Did I tell you about the time I was using a little funnel when I was putting screenwash in my car, a gust of wind and it dropped into the engine. dontpanic

I had to get one of those commercial grabbers to get hold of it, scared
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever made a grabber?   Have you ever made a grabber? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 8:17 pm

Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Did I tell you about the time I was using a little funnel

Nobody's interested in your gr*bby peccad*llos. no no

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever made a grabber?   Have you ever made a grabber? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 9:02 pm

Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Did I tell you about the time I was using a little funnel when I was putting screenwash in my car, a gust of wind and it dropped into the engine. dontpanic

I had to get one of those commercial grabbers to get hold of it, scared

A funnel for putting screenwash in? aristojar

I just pour it in - and don't put any actual screenwash into it, just tap water - works a treat. box
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever made a grabber?   Have you ever made a grabber? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 9:07 pm

I need a funnel because of the alcohol released shakes.  grandpa

Water without screenwash goes mouldy and sprays you with stagnant disease filled water mist, not good.

https://www.nhs.uk/news/lifestyle-and-exercise/legionnaires-risk-from-wiper-water/
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever made a grabber?   Have you ever made a grabber? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 9:23 pm

The drawback is though, you can be driving to Sainsburys at 7.05 am on a fine sunny morning and spray your windscreen, and then the delicious smell of alcohol raises all kinds of forbidden temptations which must be fought.

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever made a grabber?   Have you ever made a grabber? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 9:26 pm

I'd probably best fill my screenwash reservoir with a drink I don't like, such as sweet sherry or bitter. yes
Back to top Go down
http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever made a grabber?   Have you ever made a grabber? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you ever made a grabber?
Page 1 of 1