What's that in your ears? What are you Listening to?

+6
cosmictanya
Fangirl Three
flibbington2.0
stedorlordendel
Nightjar
The Call of the Wendigo
10 posters

Page 10 of 50 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 30 ... 50  Next

Go down

What's that in your ears? What are you Listening to? - Page 10 Empty Re: What's that in your ears? What are you Listening to?

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:18 am

Back to top Go down

What's that in your ears? What are you Listening to? - Page 10 Empty Re: What's that in your ears? What are you Listening to?

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:21 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by stedorlordendel Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:53 am

I'm listening to the debut album of Girlfriend flower flower flower flower flower
stedorlordendel
stedorlordendel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:23 pm

I'm sure Wendi will be all like "yeah, like, obvZ!", but this is really wonderful.

When Macca gets it right he doesn't half.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:25 pm

stedorlordendel wrote:I'm listening to the debut album of Girlfriend flower flower flower flower flower

???

What's that in your ears? What are you Listening to? - Page 10 R-5740582-1426246885-7985.jpeg

get her

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:24 pm

Nightjar wrote:I'm sure Wendi will be all like "yeah, like, obvZ!", but this is really wonderful.

When Macca gets it right he doesn't half.

I do feel that is an absolutely belting song. That guitar arpeggio thingy the melody's built over is genius. The percussion is a thing of intricate beauty. The resolution is perfect. I also like how it's segued into from the fadeout of Rockshow and introduced by a drum roll, which grants it an extra sense of poignancy, coming after such an upbeat track. I do feel that Venus and Mars is up there with the best Beatles albums. yes

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:03 pm

All too beautiful…

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:16 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:I do feel that is an absolutely belting song. That guitar arpeggio thingy the melody's built over is genius. The percussion is a thing of intricate beauty. The resolution is perfect. I also like how it's segued into from the fadeout of Rockshow and introduced by a drum roll, which grants it an extra sense of poignancy, coming after such an upbeat track. I do feel that Venus and Mars is up there with the best Beatles albums. yes

I also love the and the way the instrumental breaks after the "happiness in the homeland" lyric incorporates a pipe like synth that sounds somewhat human in timbre, reminiscent of a kind of joyous 'whoop', beefed up with strings and folk instruments second time around.

The lyrics and vocal performance is also intriguing, intertwined with melancholy, hope and exultation.

I think it might have found a proper favourite post-Beatles Macca tune.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:00 pm

But... ...but does this mean you'd never heard it before? scared

If so, what other Macca masterpieces have you still never heard? scared

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:34 pm

Careful NJ, Wendykins got me addicted to listening to Burl Ives non-stop, she can do it again with her ungodly powers. She can do it TO YOU!!!!

dontpanic

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:40 pm

I need to post a list of my Top 20 recommended Macca tracks for those who've not heard them all. Excited

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:14 pm

:jive:

Back to top Go down

Post by flibbington2.0 Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:35 am

Takes me back to the mid-80s when Flibbdad had a stage when he was into 50s rock. Strange because he was only in his 30s so must've seemed out of place. Billington Haley and the Comets were his favourite, got played a lot. I didn't care for them. Too busy listening to Duran Duran, Japan and Arcadia.
flibbington2.0
flibbington2.0

Back to top Go down

Post by flibbington2.0 Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:40 am

At the moment I'm listening to a lot of punk. But modern punk. So good to know some good stuff is still being produced in 20189.

I feel I may've posted the V*agra boys before. Or maybe that was on another brand forum.

flibbington2.0
flibbington2.0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:19 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:42 pm

:rollypolly:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:02 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:42 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:25 pm

That is worryingly close to sounding like Black Lace. shifty

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:43 pm

I think you'll find it's Afro high-life pop, you culturally insensitive clod!

So just like Black Lace. yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 50 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 30 ... 50  Next