Lick your television Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Lick your television

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Butterfield

Butterfield

Lick your television Empty
PostSubject: Lick your television   Lick your television EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 2:04 am

cringe

Quote :
Lickable TV prototype in development that could bring food flavours into your front room

A professor in Japan hopes to bring the experience of visiting a restaurant to your front room with the invention of a television that allows the viewer to taste what they are watching.

Lick your television Skynews-tasty-tv-lickable-tv_5624066

A prototype of a lickable TV, dubbed Taste the TV (TTTV), with the ability to imitate food flavours is being developed.

The TV works by combining sprays from a carousel of 10 flavour canisters which can replicate the taste of particular foods.

The food flavoured spray is then rolled out on hygienic film over a flat TV screen for the viewer to taste.

-----

In the future, the inventor imagines a world in which flavours could be downloaded and enjoyed in a similar way to music.
https://news.sky.com/story/lickable-tv-prototype-in-development-that-could-bring-food-flavours-into-your-front-room-12502949
Back to top Go down
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

PostSubject: Re: Lick your television   Lick your television EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 8:18 am

Do the snozzberries taste just like snozzberries?

Excited

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Lick your television   Lick your television EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 8:57 am

What if it's that programme Embarrassing Bodies! llama

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Lick your television   Lick your television EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 1:40 pm

Nightjar wrote:
What if it's that programme Embarrassing Bodies! llama

It would certainly get me reaching for the knob on the television.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Lick your television   Lick your television EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 11:20 am

Id like to kick mine. I went to press the volume button on the side, pressed the wrong one by accident, and now I have no television and no way to 'scan' because I don't have a 'remote' for the television, only for the Virgin box.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Lick your television   Lick your television EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 11:22 am

All of the buttons just go round in circles doing nothing. There's no 'back' option. I can't access anything - no basic channels, no extra channels, no YouTube, no Netflix, nothing.

I was perfectly happy with the television as it was. Using the side buttons for volume and on/off.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Lick your television   Lick your television EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 11:24 am

Please scan channels.

You'd think it might realise that I can't, and do it for itself.

I'm not sure it realizes the danger it's in.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Lick your television   Lick your television EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 11:27 am

Oh my god, I'm going to tear my face off. Why is it doing this to me? Why should I have to do all this?
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Lick your television   Lick your television EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 11:29 am

I think I'm getting shades of 2011 - 2014 or so, when something similar happened, and we just did without a television due to the difficulty of even turning it on.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Lick your television   Lick your television EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 11:29 am

Please scan channels. What is the point? Why can't it just go back to where they all were?
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Lick your television   Lick your television EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 11:45 am

Thanks for the rush to assist.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Lick your television   Lick your television EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 12:20 pm

On hold for the third time in a row. Virgin must have a contract with George Ezra, one of the singers I hate most in the world. I've had 'Budapest' on repeat, and the loop is now something about 'Paradise'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lick your television   Lick your television EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 12:25 pm

Maybe you need the remote control, is it hidden at the back of a draw with leaking batteries in it?

Wot model number is it?

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Lick your television   Lick your television EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 1:15 pm

Oh. My son came home for lunch, and pressed one button. That's it fixed, and he's gone out again - hopefully not to tell his friends that he found me having a small whisky waiting for my Valium and propanolol cocktail to kick in, with mascara down my face, bereft at not even being able to watch the news.

Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Lick your television   Lick your television EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 1:18 pm

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:
Maybe you need the remote control, is it hidden at the back of a draw with leaking batteries in it?

Wot model number is it?

It probably is lurking somewhere in plain sight.

The model number is a ridiculous long string - I remember finding it for a friend once, during another trouble, and he told me it indicated the television is from Serbia. It's always had a British plug on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lick your television   Lick your television Empty

Back to top Go down

Lick your television
Page 1 of 1