flibbington2.0
Nik
Nightjar
Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
9 posters

Page 34 of 50 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 42 ... 50  Next

Go down

What's happening in your life? - Page 34 Empty Re: What's happening in your life?

Post by Nightjar Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:42 pm

Police are re-interviewing the driver of the van and - as I suspected, due to K+N being such a large corporation - dashcam footage of the incident exists!

As for my Grandpa, well, he's thoroughly miserable and depressed.

Trapped in a hospital bed with only one functioning arm, unable to walk, not even able to read a newspaper or a book properly.

Life's shite and then you get old.

Back to top Go down

What's happening in your life? - Page 34 Empty Re: What's happening in your life?

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:53 pm

Waiting in for the BT man to turn up and fix my interwebs/crackly phone line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Open Reach man has been, changed some cables, and I now have an internet that's staying up! happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:28 pm

Excited

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:28 pm

Is it like really fast now? Excited

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:36 pm

Yes! Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:44 pm

happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:32 pm

RIGHT!

I'M GOING OUT IN THE P*SSING RAIN TO V*TE!! box

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:36 pm

box

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:44 pm

Maybe I should have another baby before it's too late. Sean would be delirious with excitement. As he has repeatedly said. This time last year I almost got myself caught but the thing resolved itself. Just as well because I couldn't have pretended it was his - the colour would've been several thousand miles out.

Are not especially wanting one, not wanting to risk ruining my figure, and not wanting to slash my sons inheritance by 50% good reasons not to? People tell me no - those are just obstacles I've placed that needn't be there.

But I'm 37 - I've got no energy, everything hurts, and even if conception was quick I'd be 38 by the time the kid was born. So 50 years old when it started high school. It's easy for Sean, he's only just 30. He should be with someone who desperately wants to have his baby.

I had thought by my 50's I might be leading a footloose and fancy free life, hosting the odd grandchild during holidays, in between exploring whatever anti ageing developments the 2030's have to offer.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:49 pm

If you don't want a baby, don't have one. Having a baby just because other people think you should have one is a terrible idea.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:56 pm

But to make someone very happy, it might be a lovely thing to do.

If I had a) amazing reserves of energy and b) no money, then I probably would - to make someone very sweet very happy.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:21 pm

You're probably 100% correct Wendi. It's a dreadful idea. Imagine dealing with a teenager when you're 50-something. The very thought makes me feel exhausted.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:32 pm

Others here are legally single? Is there anything less appealing than having to share your living space with a full time partner who isn't Timothee Chalamet?

I'm so upset that Miss Stevens isn't available on Netflix now. Him bringing you crisps from a vending machine and jumping around on a hotel bed shouting 'don't be sad, don't be sad' is the stuff that fairytales are made of.

cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:36 am

Actually I've been thinking of moving to Scotland to house-share with my friend. A bit like the Ladies of Llangollen, but Scottish and without the gay bit.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:08 pm

You should do it.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:34 pm

If my current job wasn't in England I'd be halfway up the M6 already.

As it is, I have to consider whether this is the economic climate in which to be walking away from a steady job.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:23 pm

Yes, there is always that. But maybe if you stay here you'll be working until 80 and have freedom of movement with absolutely nowhere when you eventually finish your last working day. I suppose euthanasia might be legal by then, so silver linings etc.

I've scheduled in a pre Christmas conversation about my own problem. I think it's only fair to lay it out for him with compassionate clarity - there will be no children, so if a family life is your priority it'll have to be with someone else. There are all kinds of reasons that I don't want to have another baby, and not one vague notion to the contrary.

In fact I wrote a pros and cons list. The pro list was empty. I tried really hard to write something under it, but there was nothing. Imagine being 40 with a toddler, being 50-something with a teenager.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:41 pm

Do others here feel relationships = restriction? I remember as a child feeling an immediate disinterest in the company of the married. Because my parents were divorced, and almost everyone around us was either divorced or gay, it's my barometer of normal living.

I never dreamed of weddings, and I find it truly abhorrent when people talk of their 'other half'. I've always thought of divorce as the point where your own life begins - the relationship before it just added seasoning.

I wouldn't have got married myself if my husband hadn't been beautiful. His spidery black eyelashes framing tired, almost bored eyes, brushing against tanned high cheekbones were my favourite sight. I think we'd always have divorced sooner or later.

Sean is lovely but I'd rather we were just friends who slept together. Ive said as much a couple of times but he looks wounded so I've pretended I was joking. I'm not. Then there's the practical money thing - I don't need a financial advisor to tell me I'd be a fool to marry, although mine always does anyway.

And that b*tch mother of mine has been round here, half cut, after a shopping spree - trying to hit me, screaming her head off. I broke a fingernail (badly and painfully) getting her off me and out the door. It's actually very sore still. I'm surprised it isn't bleeding.

She's a disgrace. She's already in some kind of anger management behavioural programme as a final warning before an ASBO (or whatever they've been replaced by) due to the torture and disrupted lives her neighbours have endured shacked up alongside her.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:04 pm

She only came round to tell me that a reliable supplier of quality Stilton, who had categorically not voted for the B word, had been pinned down. As a family we remain united in the importance we place on the ethics of those who produce and handle foodstuffs.

My brother had to throw a load of paint out this year after an unsuspecting impulse buy during a weekend in the West Country - he subsequently discovered the owner of Trago Mills (that's T-R-A-G-O Mills) was of a certain persuasion and it was too late for a refund.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 50 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 42 ... 50  Next