Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of) - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of)

Go down 
+2
Nightjar
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Butterfield

Butterfield

Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of)   Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 4:35 pm

It is certainly of the "Sharon and Tracey"/Karen era of names.

Isn't Shaz an acceptably hip derivative these days? creep
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of)   Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 4:36 pm

Butterfield wrote:
It is certainly of the "Sharon and Tracey"/Karen era of names.

Isn't Shaz an acceptably hip derivative these days? creep

Definitely not. But Ronnie might be.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of)   Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 4:39 pm

I think I'd go for "Sha". That's quite unique.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of)   Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 4:39 pm

Anyway, she just needs some perspective - someone to sit her down and tell her that her name is associated with people as young as 55 years old. That’d cheer any teenager up.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of)   Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 4:42 pm

I'm trying to think if I knew any Sharons at school. I can think of one who was about my sister's age, so now about 49.

There was a Karen in my year. I remember hilariously calling her Karen Carpenter.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of)   Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 4:45 pm

You’re probably one of her worst memories, and the reason she spent every lunchtime locked in a lavatory cubicle away from your taunting voice. You didn’t sing a few lines from the greatest hits across the class while everyone fell about laughing at her, did you?
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of)   Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 4:47 pm

Sharon is very Gen X. It’s not baby boomer, and not millennial. This teenager has insulted an entire generation by insisting they’re granny material to sob over.

I think Karen is more baby boom.
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of)   Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 8:47 am

cosmictanya wrote:
Sharon is very Gen X.

Yes it is. I knew at least 10 people called Sharon during the course of my youth. Karen also multi-occurred.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of)   Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 2:48 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:
cosmictanya wrote:
Sharon is very Gen X.

Yes it is. I knew at least 10 people called Sharon during the course of my youth. Karen also multi-occurred.

Don’t forget Donna. That seemed to have a good run from the late 50’s to the early 80’s, never heard before or since.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of)   Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2