Titanic Subwatch. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Titanic Subwatch.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nightjar

Nightjar

Titanic Subwatch. Empty
PostSubject: Titanic Subwatch.   Titanic Subwatch. EmptyWed Jun 21, 2023 9:10 pm

Bit morbid, I know, but...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2023/jun/21/titanic-sub-live-updates-search-us-coast-guard-submarine-submersible

I mean, SRSLY, check this **** out.

I'm disappointed that more gaffer tape wasn't employed.

It's basically a fibreglass stunt sub from Fantastic Voyage with 1mm thick blister pack windows, controlled by a bluetooth controller you can buy online for £10.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsinteresting/comments/14f6kpc/a_tour_of_the_submarine_that_disappeared_near/

The amount of money and resources being plowed into this rescue mission is insane.

Still, hopes and prayers...

Fangirl Three

Titanic Subwatch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanic Subwatch.   Titanic Subwatch. EmptyThu Jun 22, 2023 6:02 am

I read an article about someone taking a trip in the doom sub last year, and it incidentally remarked that 'the rudimentary on-board toilet has never been used.' That's made me think things I wish I hadn't thought.

Nightjar

Nightjar

Titanic Subwatch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanic Subwatch.   Titanic Subwatch. EmptyThu Jun 22, 2023 8:09 am

Poo thoughts?

Fangirl Three

Titanic Subwatch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanic Subwatch.   Titanic Subwatch. EmptyThu Jun 22, 2023 2:12 pm

My least favourite kind of thoughts.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

Titanic Subwatch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanic Subwatch.   Titanic Subwatch. EmptyThu Jun 22, 2023 4:17 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:
I read an article about someone taking a trip in the doom sub last year, and it incidentally remarked that 'the rudimentary on-board toilet has never been used.' That's made me think things I wish I hadn't thought.

Like ‘well it has been now’.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

Titanic Subwatch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanic Subwatch.   Titanic Subwatch. EmptyThu Jun 22, 2023 8:10 pm

Seems like they're officially done for now.

Nightjar

Titanic Subwatch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanic Subwatch.   Titanic Subwatch. EmptyThu Jun 22, 2023 8:13 pm

Still, as others have pointed out so gravely - solemnly - and without any kind of morbid insensitivity - they did all sign up for the 'Genuine Titanic Experience'. sad yes

Nightjar

Titanic Subwatch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanic Subwatch.   Titanic Subwatch. EmptyThu Jun 22, 2023 8:14 pm

Can't wait for the movie adaptation. blah blah

cosmictanya

Titanic Subwatch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanic Subwatch.   Titanic Subwatch. EmptyFri Jun 23, 2023 1:13 am

I’m sad for Suleman. He didn’t want to go. He was terrified, and only went to make his Titanic obsessed dad happy for Father’s Day. I cried earlier when I saw his smiling face on an article about him. He was obviously a sweet and very accommodating kid - there isn’t a cash sum on earth that would’ve tempted me down there in this phallic death trap after being bolted into it, not even to make a loved ones dream come true. A billionaire in my life who wanted my company could’ve offered to sign their entire fortune over to me to get me to go, and I’d still have said no. My submechanophobia has been at the max since Monday as it is. Rest well Suleman.
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

Titanic Subwatch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanic Subwatch.   Titanic Subwatch. EmptyFri Jun 23, 2023 6:02 am

At least there's the consolation that they all died immediately when the sub collapsed, rather than slowly suffocating to death.

A bit of anticlimax to know that the coastguard detected the implosion 5 days ago but didn't release the news for some reason.

Last edited by Fangirl Three on Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong implosion detection interval)
Back to top Go down
http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/
Sponsored content

Titanic Subwatch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titanic Subwatch.   Titanic Subwatch. Empty

Back to top Go down

Titanic Subwatch.
Page 1 of 1