The positively jumping Leap Day thread! Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The positively jumping Leap Day thread!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

The positively jumping Leap Day thread! Empty
PostSubject: The positively jumping Leap Day thread!   The positively jumping Leap Day thread! EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 4:50 pm

I've just realised it's the 29th of February today. As that only happens every four years, I feel that's an event that deserves a thread of its own.

And here it is. cheer

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The positively jumping Leap Day thread!   The positively jumping Leap Day thread! EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 5:33 pm

That means that my Grandpa died 4 years ago today. sad yes

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The positively jumping Leap Day thread!   The positively jumping Leap Day thread! EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 5:54 pm

bawl

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The positively jumping Leap Day thread!   The positively jumping Leap Day thread! EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 2:37 am

What did everyone do with their extra day?

I’m sorry about that NJ, it never gets better.
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The positively jumping Leap Day thread!   The positively jumping Leap Day thread! EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 6:29 am

I spent 2 hours fixing issues with my daily scripts that extract information about the current day of the year from various diaries and journals, for onward posting in my blogs.

One failed because it was looking for Feb 29 2017. The other got upset because the weekdays would be out of sync today in 1973 and 1979, whereas they were fine on Wednesday.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The positively jumping Leap Day thread!   The positively jumping Leap Day thread! EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 6:53 am

That is like a mathematical puzzle I can’t envisage. I’d have to be talked through each year of 1972 to 2018, while they were laid out in front of me on side by side charts to have a chance.

I didn’t mark the day because I thought it was March 1st - the previous evening I noticed my online diary announcing St David’s Day on 1st March, saw that it was after 11pm on the 28th, and therefore assumed that there was less than an hour before Wales exploded into celebration.

It was only during last nights news that I realised - there was someone on who’s campaigning to have the leap day moved so we can enjoy a warm June 31st.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The positively jumping Leap Day thread!   The positively jumping Leap Day thread! Empty

Back to top Go down

The positively jumping Leap Day thread!
Page 1 of 1