Happy New Year! - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Happy New Year!

Go down 
+5
cosmictanya
Butterfield
flibbington2.0
Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

Happy New Year! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 10:06 am

It's a cold grey day, but bright grey.

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 9:48 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
It was surprisingly low key, last night. All the fireworks died out after about 20 minutes and I didn't hear a single person outside shouting "Happy new year!" like I usually do. scared

I'm sure I heard fewer fireworks than ever last night. I wonder if it's the Greta effect. But the TV footage was also really bland; it was a choice of Craig David or some footage of the usual smoky London complete with annoying crowd and interrupted lines to the TV reporters.

Welcome to 2020. banana bones Bring back the Millennium bug!
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 2:42 am

It's the first time I've watched this BBC footage for 20 years - and one day. The fireworks over the Thames seem immense, especially the constant sound.

I don't know what it is about the fireworks displays these days which I think seem so much more... ordinary. Maybe it's the music which simply drowns it all out. I'm also not a huge fan of the London Eye as a focal point every single year. Watching this again, at the turn of the Millennium the fireworks seemed to be all over the place!
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 2:47 am

I forgot about "The River of Fire". shifty
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 11:40 pm

And to you all.

I wonder if I should go vegetarian for the 2020's to offset my flights. I do like a wafer thin cold chicken breast, and I've recently rediscovered corned beef hash. However I find the stuff in Australia quite terrifying, and more than that - interesting. I've never been especially interested before, short of vaguely worrying that The Maldives might disappear before I can get back there.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 11:43 pm

Guest wrote:
I wonder if Art Deco and the Charleston will come back into fashion?

Wouldn't that be nice. Let's hope so.

Reading back over this thread, I thought there were a pretty significant number of fireworks, with volume. I heard and enjoyed many from my flat.

It does seem odd to be in a new decade. I also remember the shocking change to 1990 - specifically because we always had to write the days date at the top of the page in our schoolbooks, and it took me until about 1991 to stop writing Xth month 1989.

It's horrible to think that this time in a decade I'll be in my late 40's and my son will be 22. I don't find either of those comfortable thoughts.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 12:05 am

I would really enjoy a mass revival of Art Deco. Compared to all that flimsy looking stuff built recently, it would be an exciting change.

I wonder what will be different in exactly a decade. Will 'London Bridge is down' give us a new monarch? Will we be in a global conflict? Will we be all be getting ready to jump into the rising seas to escape the conflagration on land?
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 9:03 pm

9.02pm. If I can stay alive another 2h58m I'll have made it out of 2020 alive, and that's all I'm asking from this year.

Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 9:12 pm

Got home from work at 8AM, thought I would try to stay awake till midnight, that was not a good idea, now I keep getting woken up by what seems to be the same people letting off the same boring firework every 15 mins.
I suppose we will get a crescendo at 11PM to "celebrate" Fuksit, then again at midnight.

Bah humbug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 9:12 pm

In case I forget…

Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 9:17 pm

Yes, fireworks have been going off round here since just after sunset.

People are celebrating far too prematurely. Anything could happen between now and midnight. scared

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 9:21 pm

Please think of the children.

That's why people start early.

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 9:22 pm

Completely ch*ffing pointless though it may be.

Like giving cats and dogs Christmas presents.

Zarniwoop

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 9:25 pm

When are the Vogons due?
Thought they would have been here by now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 9:25 pm

It's Ziggy's adoption day tomorrow, I've had her 5 years. I hope she'll like her pressies Excited

doom canary
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 9:29 pm

This is my NYE line up...

Happy New Year! - Page 2 KLUFKjR

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 9:30 pm

The coloured pencils are for the humous later. drool

Zarniwoop

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 9:31 pm

Guest‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ wrote:
It's Ziggy's adoption day tomorrow, I've had her 5 years. I hope she'll like her pressies Excited

doom canary

A nice fresh Cuttlebone??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 9:36 pm

A new spray of Millet with mealworms jammed into it.

Poor little thing moulting like a good un' she just sits at the top of her cage looking miserable. listening to her taapes
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 9:37 pm

It's probably just exotique bottles of liqueurs that he waves at Ziggy and then, when he/she just bounces around looking nonplussed, goes "no, really, not interested? Well, someone has to drink them at least."

yes

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy New Year!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next