Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Threads you decided not to launch

Go down 
+2
Butterfield
The Call of the Wendigo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 4:52 pm

Which was your favourite early Peter Gabriel Album?

Poll Question:

Peter Gabriel
Peter Gabriel
Peter Gabriel
Peter Gabriel
I hate them all!
I love them all!
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 11:11 pm

Nightjar wrote:
Celebrities that, despite being good looking (indeed genuinely beautiful) are not really photogenic.

i.e. people who're poetry-in-motion and/or possibly even stunning with no make up etc, but who always look like they're either like a grinning carousel horse/having a stroke/etc when the aperture dilates and the shutter slams down...

I have a particular person in mind where both these things are concerned.

On film and all she makes me swoon, but at premiers and in glossy photoshoots she looks like a gurning chimpanzee with the whole Boots No.7 range plastered across her face.

Hmmm. An interesting point of view.

I can only speak for myself (and every woman I've ever spoken to about this, which is almost all of them). I have never - really, never - applied make up and thought 'I hope men or a particular man likes this'.

My most fundamental thought is, now I look like a more groomed version of myself so I feel better. If you feel better you look better, generally speaking. But the feeling comes first, the look is just a byproduct.

I will admit that sometimes - not often - but sometimes, I think 'X,Y,Z b**ch hasn't got nearly as great an eyebrow arch as my beautician has styled'. Or 'that is some eyeliner skill with I've been blessed with'.

My primary motivation is that I enjoy what I look like and feel like with make up*. A very long way down from that is what other women might make of it. Genuinely never have I thought, a man will like or dislike this look.

*To that end, when working from home, alone, I usually apply full make up before I can sit down at my laptop and type anything of quality. For male visitors, I don't care - although I always wear mascara and eyeliner...

Not because they are men and I want to be attractive to them, but for myself. Since the age of 12 only my brother, my gran and my son have seen me without mascara and eyeliner. I've even applied both to vomit alone in the privacy of my bathroom.

Despite preferring smoky kohl to painted on liner, I did forego the former for the waterproof latter for childbirth. For the gratification of a man - it's never entered into my thought process. I freely admit other things have. But not make up.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 11:48 pm

Actually, I'd go even further than that...

Kind of like peacocks, young men (under 30 I'd say) are more brightly coloured than women tend to be, and are most often actually prettier when you really compare the two...

The lips are brighter (and 99/100 an exact match for much more private districts - helmet etc), the flush is greater, the eyes are deeper. They look incredible when they wake up first thing. They can get away with tangled bed hair, bleary eyes, etc.

Women generally can't and don't - whether it's nature/hormonal, or that so many are anaemic due to menstruation, or a real human equivalence to the peacock situation, or a combo of all that and more, who can say?

The other thing that can't not be said is that the 'natural' no make up look is very often anything but, and takes far more time and care to achieve than grabbing a trowel and using it to plaster on every form of paint known to MAC.

I have often said as much, and my temple of male beauty provides ample evidence of the heartbreakingly phenomenal beauty of young men. Something they are sadly taught to under appreciate in themselves and that society pretends isn't so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 11:52 am

Name that Chesterfield!

Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 Scree168
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 1:22 pm

Is it Sophie Dahl?

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 1:25 pm

yes

Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 77119410

See, it would just be too easy.
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 5:26 am

'Have you ever carried a tape deck on your shoulder for that fashionable look?'

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 7:24 am

Flights of fancy. Inspired by my thought that it's too late to retrain as an actress and co-star with Timothee Chalamet in a film that will forever be celebrated globally for the white heat of chemistry between us, and as the beginning of the 21st century Burton and Taylor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 11:17 am

Nightjar wrote:
Celebrities who (despite not necessarily being so) just look really thick.

Celebs who look really THICC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 9:10 am

Birds that look like Ringo

Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 Gloste10
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 9:18 am

happy

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 11:18 am

Throbbing Neck veins the Megathread!

[/quote]

Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 1:33 pm

"Small Tool Factories Named After American Horror Writers."

Edgar Allen Co. scared

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 2:00 pm

People that look like their jumpers

Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 27445310

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 9:32 pm

Singers Named After Ancient Civilisations.

The only one I could think of was Donna Sumer.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 9:59 pm

Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 Img-holdingmia_110821326943

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 10:07 pm

Colbert

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inca_Babies

Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 Incas-post-Hacienda-gig

There's no end of them.

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 8:06 am

Any group who had a Greatest Hittites album.

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 10:38 am

The Canaanites

That Duran Duran spin off, Akkadian

Sting's solo album 10 Sumerian's Tales

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2022 1:52 am

Purple people

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Threads you decided not to launch   Threads you decided not to launch - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Threads you decided not to launch
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next