The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

There's only one way to find out!!!!
Tarkus
The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! Vote_lcap0%The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Tripod
The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! Vote_lcap75%The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
draw
The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! Vote_lcap0%The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
They would be lovers not fighters
The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! Vote_lcap25%The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
This is silly and I'll take no part in any of this.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage

The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! Empty
PostSubject: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 10:56 pm

Between the thing from ELP's Tarkus or the tripod from Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds?

The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! R-7768308-1448466999-7263.jpeg

The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! R-3389625-1328519051.jpeg

Last edited by WhatDoesThisButtonDo? on Wed May 01, 2019 5:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 11:01 pm

I don't think Tarkus would stand a chance.

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 11:10 pm

The Manticore beat Tarkus and I think The Martian walker would totally take out the Manticore.

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 11:10 pm

I think the tripod would shoot the tank before it got close enough to do anything. sad yes

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 12:46 pm

Nightjar wrote:
The Manticore beat Tarkus and I think The Martian walker would totally take out the Manticore.

The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! 2475712d296795894791f8726103073a44316d54_l

Gorilla No

The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! DA9H5D3XkAAObq2

rock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 12:50 pm

cringe
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 1:35 pm

OK, a win for the Martian tripod.

Now...

Giant apocalyptic taloned claw from Magma's debut LP "Magma"...

The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! Ff32cfbc6a5a7bd196993c05445568e1

Or...

The giant electrified, vortex-generating Phoenix-like bird from the Kansas LP "Leftoverture Live & Beyond"?

The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! Cover_495011892017_r

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 4:17 pm

The phoenix because the giant claw doesn't have eyes or a brain.

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 5:23 pm

The Claw because it's crushing building, while the phoenix is about the same size as a spinning LP.

yes
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 6:15 pm

I think this is a tough one.

Obviously the Magma cover only features a claw, but that's obviously all we can see and therefore it's clearly some kind of gargantuan bird of prey capable crushing an entire city in one talon-load.

On the other hand the Kansas Electro-Vortex-Phoenix whilst not as big (perhaps the size of a large building rather than a city) appears to have the power to create a maelstrom into another dimension which could have a bearing on any kind of conflict between the two.

That said, I think that the vortex would be too small to affect the giant clawed space-eagle.

It might drag a clump of its feather off into Dimension X, but I reckon it'd be no more than a minor inconvenience.

Ultimately, The Claw - even if it's only a claw and not attached to a gigantic mega-astro-buzzard - would just crush it flat.

Last edited by Nightjar on Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 6:16 pm

Are they fighting each other, or taking on the Martian tripod which won the previous bout?

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 6:17 pm

This is new match.

The winners go through to the next round. yes

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 6:27 pm

Can we have the Wasp thing from Nektar's A Spoonful of Time fight the Octopus from the Gentle Giant's, err Octopus album?

Last edited by WhatDoesThisButtonDo? on Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 6:27 pm

Good thread this. yes

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 6:28 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:
Can we have the Wasp thing from Nektar's A Spoonful of Time fight the Octopus from the Gentle Giant, err Octopus?

Wait, we haven't got a final decision on the Claw vs Phoenix yet! rollingpin

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 7:01 pm

I want to know who Roger Dean's flying elephants would beat.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 7:15 pm

Can we please not get ahead of ourselves? Colbert

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 7:19 pm

The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! 00
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 7:20 pm

rollingpin

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 7:34 pm

Round 1:

1: Tarkus Vs. Tripod
2: Magma Claw Vs. Kansas Phoenix
3: Nektar's Wasp Vs. Gentle Giant Octopus
4: Roger Dean's Flying Elephants Vs. Amon Düül's errr... whatever that is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!   The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next