The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

There's only one way to find out!!!!

The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! - Page 3 I_vote_lcap75%The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! - Page 3 I_vote_lcap25%The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!

Post by Nightjar Wed May 01, 2019 2:02 pm

Oh, here's the gospel...

The face on the outside is the Schizoid Man, and on the inside it's the Crimson King. If you cover the smiling face, the eyes reveal an incredible sadness. What can one add? It reflects the music.

- Robert Fripp

So, this is the Crimson King...

The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! - Page 3 King-crimson-inlay

Back to top Go down

The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Prog Wars Round 1: Tarkus Vs The Marsian Tripod!

Post by Nightjar Wed May 01, 2019 2:12 pm

Reading the lyrics of the two songs, I don't believe that the Crimson King would bother himself with a fight.

He seems instead to be a passive, inscrutable figure who holds court to various characters each engaged in their own opaque, elliptical schemes, as all the while The Crimson King looks down upon these self-defeating machinations with a melancholic, fatalistic gaze.

A better, more even battle would be between News of the World Robot vs. The 21st Century Schizoid Man. yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2019 3:09 pm

Anyway, I've got an absolutely great joke all lined up as soon as we get a winna, I'm already giggling to myself as I think just how fantastic it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed May 01, 2019 4:27 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:And there's that Iron man on the cover of Queen's News of the World.

Maybe we should create a whole sub-forum for the FIGHT! box threads?
I have added one to the Music subforum. box

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed May 01, 2019 4:48 pm

Once this is cleared up...

Hip-Hop next?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2019 5:44 pm

Nightjar wrote:First Round of 16:

1: Tarkus vs. Martian Tripod
2: Magma Claw vs. Kansas Phoenix
3: Nektar’s Time Wasp-Bee vs. Gentle Giant Octopus
4: Osibisa Flying Elephants vs. Amon Düül's Stormtrooper beetle-demon

5: News of the World Robot vs. The Crimson King
6: Old Tramp off of Aqualung vs. Nursery Crymes Girl with croquet mallet
7: Budgie Warrior Budgies vs. ?
8: ? vs. ?

I've done the first three rounds, someone else can finish them off, as I'm going out now. Spock Smug

And I'm getting bored of it as well, sad yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3