What's the Most Boring Sport? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

What's the Most Boring Sport?

Go down 
+4
cosmictanya
Nightjar
Butterfield
The Call of the Wendigo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

PollDriver
Golf
What's the Most Boring Sport? Vote_lcap38%What's the Most Boring Sport? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
Tennis
What's the Most Boring Sport? Vote_lcap13%What's the Most Boring Sport? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Cricket
What's the Most Boring Sport? Vote_lcap13%What's the Most Boring Sport? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Soccerball
What's the Most Boring Sport? Vote_lcap0%What's the Most Boring Sport? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Bowling (any type)
What's the Most Boring Sport? Vote_lcap0%What's the Most Boring Sport? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Horse Racing
 0% [ 0 ]
Car Racing
 0% [ 0 ]
Chess
 0% [ 0 ]
Track and Field (assorted)
 0% [ 0 ]
Snooker
What's the Most Boring Sport? Vote_lcap25%What's the Most Boring Sport? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Darts
 0% [ 0 ]
None is a boring as this poll
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
 13% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage

What's the Most Boring Sport? Empty
PostSubject: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 5:14 pm

You tell the telly on, what's the most boring, tedious maxamus sport that could possibly come on?

sigh
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 6:08 pm

Golf. It's just people strolling around, chatting. bawl

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 6:09 pm

I've voted for cricket. Although I find sh*tball vile and offensive, I find cricket incredibly boring. Having said that, I don't think I've ever watched more than about two minutes of a cricket match.

Golf is boring, but some of the golf courses on TV look stunning so it can be worth watching just for that; they say golf is a good walk wasted or something.

Tennis is just about the only sport that I mildly like - both watching and sort-of-playing.

Even though I like cars, I've never particularly liked car racing - of any kind. Formula one is just horrendous.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 6:31 pm

Basketball.

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 6:42 pm

Also:

Sailing (including kayaking, canoeing, rowing etc).
Swimming.
Cycling.
Baseball.
Ice hockey.
Horse racing (including dressage, modern pentathlon etc).
Very long distance running (marathons, half-marathons, 10,000 metres etc)
Rugby (both types).
Pool (especially playing).
Aussie Rules.
Volleyball (all types).
Tennis, squash, badminton.
Almost all Winter sports.
Motorsport (unless there are crashes).

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 6:46 pm

I love football.
I like cricket a lot.
I like boxing a lot.
I like snooker a lot.
I like American football a lot.
I quite like track & field.
I quite like women's gymnastics.
I don't mind darts.

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 5:41 pm

doh

I forgot to put American Football on the list.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 7:17 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:
doh

I forgot to put American Football on the list.

https://i.imgur.com/lLj0UQv.mp4

happy
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 7:49 pm

Snooker for me. All that silence, the odd cough, the voiceover man gently observing every now and then. And I still have waking nightmares about being forced to watch Jim Davidsons Big Break.

I have to say I quite like cricket, particularly in Surrey (I don't mean The Oval) and West Sussex. It's relaxing and civilized. That lovely thwack, the bar, sitting in the sun, tanned young men - the flower of English young adulthood.

Football, I can sit through the odd international match but that's it. My son no longer invites me to his games since I cheered at a goal scored by the opposite team. I thought they did very well. I didn't made a habit of going anyway so that's no loss.

Golf - I couldn't sit through that. Actually they're all quite boring to watch. The only interesting thing I can recall of Wimbledon is when Cliff sang. No, tell a lie - men's swimming and diving is usually a decent watch.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 8:07 pm

I found myself enjoying golf once in the mid-'80s when I was on acid.

It was all greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen...

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 8:10 pm

cosmictanya wrote:
I have to say I quite like cricket, particularly in Surrey (I don't mean The Oval) and West Sussex. It's relaxing and civilized. That lovely thwack, the bar, sitting in the sun, tanned young men - the flower of English young adulthood.

And the fact that you can get quietly bombed on boozy treats from, at the very least, midday... high style

Zarniwoop

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 8:19 pm

Tennis, even though my neighbour had a Tennis court (sold now so an access point could be made for new houses)I just never got any good at it.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 8:20 pm

That's exactly it. All the constituent parts go together very nicely.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 8:26 pm

I hate tennis and rugby union on principle.

Sports played by, and for, travellers in the garden of desperation.

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 8:34 pm

Tennis is tolerable to play. I prefer squash. Neither of them are watchable.

Rugby - I just don't like rugby people. I find them coarse but smug. Not a pleasing combination.The male players are pigs, the female groupies always seem desperate.

The fabled physique isn't all that, and is often verging on fat. Bashed noses and cauliflower ears suit nobody. Then there's what they must eat/evacuate to be that size.

Having to share a lav with a rugby player must be a test of real endurance. Only their WAG's really deserve that fate.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 8:38 pm

cosmictanya wrote:
Rugby - I just don't like rugby people. I find them coarse but smug. Not a pleasing combination.The male players are pigs

i.e. horrible lower-middle class thugs from minor public schools and coppers.

Last edited by Nightjar on Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 8:39 pm

Not round here they're not. sad yes :pleb:
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 8:42 pm

Well, not in Wales.

And I mean Union BTW.

League is a proper man's sport. box

Albeit even more boring. sad yes

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 9:41 am

I know something more boring than Tennis, being stuck in an hotel room for 10 days, MEGALOLZ!!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jan/06/novak-djokovic-to-challenge-australian-visa-cancellation-in-federal-court

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 11:48 am

That'll teach him.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the Most Boring Sport?   What's the Most Boring Sport? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's the Most Boring Sport?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next