Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost Empty
PostSubject: Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost   Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 9:35 am

My mainstay is brown leather and has a solid gold buckle containing a cameo profile of Caligula. 

I grieve the loss of my black alligator belt with a fastening that was two gold leopards with diamond eyes having s*x. To close the belt required the male leopard to be mounted onto the female leopard. 

I haven't given up hope of finding my navy belt with rhinestone buckle of Mickey Mouse. It was excellent with just blue jeans and a shirt or sweater, and made me look and feel wonderfully friendly and approachable.

I have others. 

What are your own belt passions, longings and likings?
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost   Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 10:01 am

I find belts to be one of life's essentials - practical, fashionable, and deeply symbolic. They work on all levels an accessory must to qualify as something other than needless frippery. 

My dislike of such things is why I've never understood handbags. Especially those ridiculous clutch things - only useful as an immediate indication of stupidity. I have some good leather bags (half of them nicked from my mother) and a selection of Longchamp beach ones. 

All of which are large enough to contain all kinds of necessities - phones, chargers, make up bag, iPad, keys, sanitary products, tracksuit, scarves, umbrellas, pills, sunglasses, books, lighters, credit cards, spare knickers, toothbrush and mini toothpaste, perfumes, magazines, spearmint gum, photographs, etc.

I try to take comfort in the loss of the leopard belt by the fact it was not so much lost as left behind, in the villa of two thrillingly handsome Bahraini guys I met on holiday and enjoyed myself with for a few days. I suppose some tart or maid is wearing my goods. 

I hope it brings her luck and joy.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost   Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 10:12 am

And a small bag of my Twinings Earl Grey decaf teabags - they are always about my person. Almost everywhere has both Earl Grey and decaf teabags, but precious few places have them as one product and I object to other tea varieties being offered up apologetically. Far better to bring my own.

Anyway belts, not bag contents.
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost   Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 1:46 pm

I prefer to carry a medium sized handbag and a big tote bag. On rainy days such as today, the former can be placed inside the latter to keep it dry.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost   Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 1:20 pm

I can't believe nobody else wears belts or has favourites.
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost   Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 1:38 pm

I tend to wear things untucked.

I do have some tops that have captive ties round them, they're sort of belts.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost   Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 1:41 pm

Untucked? Don't you feel all, sort of, untucked?

Even if you're only wearing a sweater and jeans over underwear, surely your jeans would uncomfortably ride down without a belt?
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost   Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 1:57 pm

I don't wear jeans - if I did, I probably would deploy a belt.

I prefer stretchy trousers and leggings.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost   Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 2:02 pm

Ahh. I don't wear either of those so they are somewhat outside my belted up experience. Although perhaps both would be suitable for some Dierdre Barlow style jangly jewellery chains around your middle?
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost   Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost EmptySat Jul 18, 2020 3:09 pm

Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost Online-vintage-stores-275634-1583186942041-product.700x0c
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost   Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost Empty

Back to top Go down

Fabulous belts, the loved and the lost
Page 1 of 1