Children's tv shows that were waaaay too scary for adults let alone children

5 posters

Go down

Children's tv shows that were waaaay too scary for adults let alone children Empty Children's tv shows that were waaaay too scary for adults let alone children

Post by flibbington2.0 Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:03 am

Has this ever been discussed on the NuHotW before?
I definitely remember watching this and was so terrified I'm sure I stopped growing for about six months.

flibbington2.0
flibbington2.0

Back to top Go down

Children's tv shows that were waaaay too scary for adults let alone children Empty Re: Children's tv shows that were waaaay too scary for adults let alone children

Post by flibbington2.0 Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:04 am

Watching it as an adult I find the Sarah Fergie Ferguson red headed lady quite beguiling. I have no memory of her as a fliblet.
flibbington2.0
flibbington2.0

Back to top Go down

Children's tv shows that were waaaay too scary for adults let alone children Empty Re: Children's tv shows that were waaaay too scary for adults let alone children

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:09 am

I saw that on YouTube a couple of years ago. It made me want to visit Avebury and try touching the stones to see if they tried to kill me. Excited

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:29 am

The Changes (1975)

Background

The Changes [a 10-part 'children's' programme by the BBC] posits a Britain where a sudden enveloping noise emanating from all machinery and technology causes the population to destroy them. The resulting upheaval displaces many people and reverts society to a pre-industrial age where there is a deep suspicion of anyone who may be harbouring machinery. Even the words for technology are taboo. The remnants of modern technology that escape destruction (such as electricity pylons) produce a physical and sometimes violent repulsion among those left in Britain.

The Changes are seen through the eyes of teenage schoolgirl Nicky Gore (Victoria Williams), and the 10-part series, originally broadcast every Monday from 6 January to 10 March 1975, traces Nicky's quest to reunite with her parents and solve the mystery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Changes_(TV_series)

I would've'd've been only 6 or 7 - it scared me witless. bawl

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:59 am

The Changes scared the living bejesus out of me as a 5-year-old. Ever since then I've never been able to watch anything where someone smashes a telly (like in Spinal Tap). I didn't even like the word 'changes' until David Bowie came along and took the curse off it for me in 1986.

And since 2016 I've had the uncomfortable feeling that The Changes are happening for real.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:27 pm

I seem to remember that The final Quatermass series was not dissimilar in its apocalyptic scope and theme.

Social order breaks down as mass-suicides take place due to some almost Lovecraftian cosmic event completely beyond human control or comprehension (I think)...

That too was at once frightening, disturbing and depressing.

Crikey, the '70s was a depressing and brilliant decade. happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:08 pm

Moondial - shown on Children's BBC sometime in probably the late 80s. I can't remember what it was about, other than it was rather sinister, and I was sure at the time it wasn't supposed to be for actual children.

Children's tv shows that were waaaay too scary for adults let alone children P0360mfr

Children's tv shows that were waaaay too scary for adults let alone children Moondial6
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by flibbington2.0 Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:10 am

I have been advised by people who were children in the mid 00s that the weeping angels were terrifying and did in fact cause nightmares.
flibbington2.0
flibbington2.0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down