Films, books, plays and TV shows that end in a major letdown Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Films, books, plays and TV shows that end in a major letdown

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

Films, books, plays and TV shows that end in a major letdown Empty
PostSubject: Films, books, plays and TV shows that end in a major letdown   Films, books, plays and TV shows that end in a major letdown EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 8:02 pm

We all love a good, thrilling climax but sometimes a work of drama betrays us by having a climax that's such a letdown that it invalidates that work's very existence.

And here's where we can post examples of fictional concoctions which suddenly feel like the air has deserted their tyres when they reach their resolution.

My first nomination is The Hound of the Baskervilles. It's just a dog in a mask. rant

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

Films, books, plays and TV shows that end in a major letdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Films, books, plays and TV shows that end in a major letdown   Films, books, plays and TV shows that end in a major letdown EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 12:01 am

In a mood of bored despondency I suffered through the Sound of Music the other day. It seemed a waste of the potential of the period to have the entire family manage to escape to Switzerland.

I didn't expect them all to be slaughtered in the convent crypt but a couple of the kids could've been killed by an avalanche or machine gunned at an unexpected checkpoint. I missed what became of the baroness as well, the only interesting character in it.
Back to top Go down

Films, books, plays and TV shows that end in a major letdown
Page 1 of 1