General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread

+3
Nightjar
The Call of the Wendigo
Fangirl Three
7 posters

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 5 Empty Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:27 pm

I've been in the Sheffield City one.

Didn't buy owt though.

Back to top Go down

General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 5 Empty Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread

Post by Butterfield Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:16 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:The one in Sheffield city centre is staying but the one in Meadowhall is closing. I would've expected it to be the other way round. gasp

I read that the ones shutting are to do with high rent, but it's probably also to do with where the best sales are. Maybe city centre stores do better than out-of-town shopping mall ones, in the case of Meadowhall and my local one at Merry Hill. My second nearest store in Wolverhampton city centre is staying, thank goodness, but I only go in there probably no more than once a year or two.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:22 pm

Since I typed in their name into my phone yesterday, I've be told via Facebook that Mercury Rev have recorded a cover album of some Bobbie Gentry album.

sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:27 pm

General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 5 Screen39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:35 pm

I was just thinking didn't they play the Super Bowl last year or something, and I was getting Maroon 5 confused with Coldplay again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Steviebaby wrote:Since I typed in their name into my phone yesterday, I've be told via Facebook that Mercury Rev have recorded a cover album of some Bobbie Gentry album.

sleepy

Gosh what a coincidence, I was just reading about that on the reviews page of last weekend's FT Weekend. They thought it was good.
Fangirl Three
Fangirl Three

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:50 pm

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/lindsay-buckingham-heart-surgery-fleetwood-mac-792212/

ooh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:08 pm

gasp

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:24 am

Apparently, Ryan Adams is [retracted].

Still at least it wasn't Bryan eh readers?

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:08 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:Apparently, Ryan Adams is [retracted].

Still at least it wasn't Bryan eh readers?

It's taken me about an hour to stumble across what this was all about. gossip
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:29 pm

sad yes

Yes, he wears a syrup.

General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 5 2017GettyImages-ryanadams-fallon-920x584

type

dontpanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:05 am

U2 once supported Throbbing Gristle.

General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 5 52052057_10156394141083386_7874823782756515840_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1

Well, they would of, had the Throbsters actually turned up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:25 pm

Oh dear, Mary Bell (band) being run out of toon.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/mary-bell-band-newcastle-gig-15852294

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:26 pm

My local HMV, one of the ones that was axed a few weeks ago and shut with immediate effect, has reopened due to popular demand! cheer
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:41 am

Ooh, Sheffield's Meadowhall HMV has reopened too! Along with a few others around the country.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:05 am

I had visions of HMV's new owner, Doug Putman, as being a large businessman in his 50s or 60s, but he's actually four years younger than me - and "bought his first vinyl in 2014". hmm
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:37 pm

Carly Rae Jepsen secretly filmed Seal eating an entire loaf of plain bread

alvin

https://www.nme.com/news/music/carly-rae-jepsen-secretly-filmed-seal-eating-an-entire-loaf-of-plain-bread-2455748

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:54 pm

I can't stop m**********g about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:55 am

Seal didn't stop masticating either.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:38 pm

It is a rather ar**sing image innit?

Indeed you could say for Seal it was a, Pain (Party) For One. ha ha no

It's a song by CRJ. Gorilla No

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next