Does your (or your parents') old car still exist? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Does your (or your parents') old car still exist?

5 posters

Go down

Does your (or your parents') old car still exist? Empty Does your (or your parents') old car still exist?

Post by Butterfield Yesterday at 3:05 am

Thanks to the wonders of the internet and the government's exciting MOT database website (that I've been using for a few years), which lists every single car that has been on the road (at least from the 70s onward), I've just discovered that the registration of the first car I remember my parents having when I was a very young child - a 1976 Chrysler Avenger - is still in existence - minus the original car which is presumed scrapped decades ago - and is now being used on a 2021 Land Rover Discovery Sport. What a Face

I won't tell you what the registration is - much as I'd like to - but I've long thought my parents should have kept it and transferred it onto subsequent cars as it was quite a unique registration with only one number before the suffix letter rather than the usual three, and is likely now very valuable as it also almost forms a known surname. evil

The database informs me that only my last two cars out of the eight I've previously had are still around. Sad

Here is said government database for anyone who wants to check the status of any cars present or past:

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Does your (or your parents') old car still exist? Empty Re: Does your (or your parents') old car still exist?

Post by Fangirl Three Yesterday at 7:42 am

That might be a government trap, to gather data linking IP addresses to past car ownership.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Does your (or your parents') old car still exist? Empty Re: Does your (or your parents') old car still exist?

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Yesterday at 8:36 am

I don't have a clue what the numbers of any of our cars were. bawl

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Yesterday at 8:36 am

I know they were all second hand, though.

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Yesterday at 8:58 am

I looked up my old one, and I think it's gone, the MOTs were getting worse towards the end.

I only knew the reg number cuz I found the pics from when I sold it.

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Yesterday at 1:15 pm

I can remember the registrations of all of my old cars and most of my parents' cars going back to the 80s. I'm better at remembering the letters than the numbers though.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Yesterday at 1:16 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:That might be a government trap, to gather data linking IP addresses to past car ownership.

It's (almost) worth it the amount of fun I've had with looking up our old cars. box

shifty
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Yesterday at 2:37 pm

My Mum has very owned a car.

Someone told me my Dad had a Fiat Panda once.

That's all I can contribute to this thread.

disappoint

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Yesterday at 7:32 pm

I can remember the plates of the two cars we had 1975-1984, but none before or after. Even their current car I can only remember the letters.

As to my own vehicles I can only ever remember the current one.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down