Strange unsolicited texts and messages you get

4 posters

Go down

Strange unsolicited texts and messages you get Empty Strange unsolicited texts and messages you get

Post by Guest Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:11 pm

Last nite I had this txt of two photos and no text to me, No idea why or who scared

Strange unsolicited texts and messages you get Img_4810
Strange unsolicited texts and messages you get Img_4811

Back to top Go down

Strange unsolicited texts and messages you get Empty Re: Strange unsolicited texts and messages you get

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:36 pm

scared

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Strange unsolicited texts and messages you get Empty Re: Strange unsolicited texts and messages you get

Post by Nightjar Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:47 pm

scared

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:45 pm

For about a decade, now and again, late at night, a man with a very thick Indian accent has called my landline and tries to initiate phone sex.

The first time, I managed to establish that he had met a woman called Barbara in a pub and she had given him her phone number. Presumably made up on the spot, but unfortunately it's mine.

There's never any preamble or lead up to launch. As soon as I say hello he starts "good evening Barbara, I am masturb*ting myself and wish for you to join me in doing so". 

I've become quite fond of him over the years. He hasn't rung in quite a while. I hope he's ok.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:30 pm

Bob - 'Hi, this is Bob from Sky Television/New Delhi and I'm calling about your account'. 

Me - 'I don't have Sky Telelvision'. 

Bob - 'Which provider do you use?'.

Me - 'That's not really any of your business'. 

Bob - 'I need to know so I can remove your details from my system'. 

Me - 'That's up to you - you either remove it or waste your own time and money by calling again, have a lovely afternoon Bob, and goodbye'.

I hear there is a fairly effective call blocker for unwanted commercial calls - the person has to explain themselves in full to a screening facility before being connected. Does anyone have it?
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:40 pm

An unexpected phonecall from a withheld number - and a very strong Indian accent asking to speak to 'Miss Tanya'.

Obviously I said - come off it, cut out the hammy curry house accent. Who are you really and what do you want?

After a couple of seconds silence the same voice continued, to say she is part of my university alumni association and they were wondering if I'd contribute to a magazine.

Obviously, I then said - I'm so sorry, Miss Tanya isn't in at the moment and I've no idea when she'll be back, I'll tell her you called.

*I've just realised that all three of my posts to this thread are about Indian accented callers and my various problems with them. I can assure you all that is an unfortunate coincidence and not reflective of my views of India or its people.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:14 pm

I had a text today saying simply 'Insurance'. I'd been applying for a lot of quotes online so it wasn't completely unexpected, but it wasn't much help either.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:09 pm

I only saw the photos at the top, not the text. I wouldn't worry, probably a mistake - after the Nice Bastille Day massacre, someone in Japan texted me uncensored video of the event. I didn't even know what it was until it was too late to unsee it. I choose to think it was a simple mistake.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down