The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 2! - Page 38 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 2!

4 posters

Page 38 of 50 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 2! - Page 38 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 2!

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:32 pm

Actually they probably call it a Mumbai Duck these days. It's political correctness gone made I tell you.

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 2! - Page 38 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 2!

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:34 pm

Is that Linda as well?

naughty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:35 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:Alas no.

I've always wanted to try it see how many buttoned down minds would be blown that the Bombay Duck was actually a curried sliced pineapple. yes

I think it's a small gelatinous, cartilaginous fish called, er... the B*mmalo...

shifty

I'm writing this in good faith from what I think I believe I know and without checking wikis etc...

Last edited by Nightjar on Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:35 pm

Is everyone asleep?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:37 pm

I've been distracted by reading Linda's discography on Wikipedia. happy

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:37 pm

Nightjar wrote:
WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:Alas no.

I've always wanted to try it see how many buttoned down minds would be blown that the Bombay Duck was actually a curried sliced pineapple. yes

I think it's a small gelatinous, cartilaginous fish called, er... the B*mmalo...

shifty

I'm writing this in good faith from what I think I believe I know and without checking wikis etc...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombay_duck

box

This is how interesting this record is. bounce

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:38 pm

Track 5 - Appletree Cinnabar Amber.

Admin

Back to top Go down

A title that brings to mind Monkberry Moon Delight. happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Sounds like a continuation of the previous track.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:39 pm

(I knew it was a fish, I thought everyone knew that, so I said curried pineapple because it was funneh)

Onto Appletree Cinnabar Amber this is only 7 minutes long, they're going punk!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:40 pm

"Have you ever had an out of body experience?" happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:40 pm

Bring back Yes.

No, but in comparison, yes.

But, yes, no Yes.

Something else perhaps?

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:40 pm

This sounds a lot more interesting. The almost constant addition of a human voice has added intrigue to it.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:41 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:"Have you ever had an out of body experience?" happy

Is that what happens when you leave Sheffield? hmm

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:41 pm

This is definitely the best track on the album, so far.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:42 pm

I take it we all know the joke in the album's name, Rushes?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:43 pm

I've just realised this was his last album of original material before Driving Rain. You can hear a definite through-line from this to that.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:43 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:"Have you ever had an out of body experience?" happy

Is that what happens when you leave the official Sheffield ~Mega-Metro region parameters? hmm

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:43 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:I take it we all know the joke in the album's name, Rushes?
"And the fireman rushes in from the pouring rain."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 50 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next