What's going on outside your house? - Page 24 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

What's going on outside your house?

Go down 
+5
Butterfield
Nightjar
Zarniwoop
The Call of the Wendigo
Fangirl Three
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24
AuthorMessage
NDN1984

NDN1984

What's going on outside your house? - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's going on outside your house?   What's going on outside your house? - Page 24 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2023 - 19:10

Not sure if said seagull got ran over or what, but horribly a dead one that was mashed was in the middle of the road. Luckily the street cleaner has tidied it up, bit you can see part of its claw. Horrible it was.

Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: What's going on outside your house?   What's going on outside your house? - Page 24 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2023 - 19:46

llama

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's going on outside your house?   What's going on outside your house? - Page 24 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2023 - 20:11

Well that is just grimly horrible. Butterfield gives a much nicer general impression of Midland living. I think of the midlands as a place where people are always gardening and making their houses tidy, or tootling about in retro cars, or supporting charity shops. Now shattered by the knowledge that midland councils employ people to clean mashed up birds off roads while leaving body parts behind.

Last edited by cosmictanya on Mon 25 Sep 2023 - 20:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NDN1984

NDN1984

PostSubject: Re: What's going on outside your house?   What's going on outside your house? - Page 24 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2023 - 20:15

It is a seaside town that ends with mare I live in. Be glad to get out there (moving in with my Mum in Bristol the end of this year) and I kind of miss the Midlands, especially after what's happened.

Just been out for an evening walk, and got a pair of idiots shouting at the end of our street. Like go away. Haven't you got homes to go? Throw in a man probably 60+ with a girlfriend who couldn't have been much older than myself!
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's going on outside your house?   What's going on outside your house? - Page 24 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2023 - 20:19

I know Bristol quite well.

The British seaside is a mystery to me. I can never remember whether it’s Mare or Clevedon/den I’ve been to. Whichever of the two has a pier over some mud billed as a beach, near a Waitrose, or possibly a Safeway - the floor of which was the only place to cool down on a tropically humid day. I’ve never seen so many floral tents being worn as dresses. It was real American tan tights territory round there.
Back to top Go down
NDN1984

NDN1984

PostSubject: Re: What's going on outside your house?   What's going on outside your house? - Page 24 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2023 - 20:38

cosmictanya wrote:
I know Bristol quite well.

The British seaside is a mystery to me. I can never remember whether it’s Mare or Clevedon/den I’ve been to. Whichever of the two has a pier over some mud billed as a beach, near a Waitrose, or possibly a Safeway - the floor of which was the only place to cool down on a tropically humid day. I’ve never seen so many floral tents being worn as dresses. It was real American tan tights territory round there.

That's probably Clevedon. Weston's town centre is not posh enough for a Waitrose. Ironically our one is at the back of a council estate next to an ASDA!!
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's going on outside your house?   What's going on outside your house? - Page 24 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2023 - 23:34

Nothing wrong with council estates. A lot wrong with Asda.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's going on outside your house?   What's going on outside your house? - Page 24 EmptySat 28 Oct 2023 - 20:57

I can hear nearish-distant bangy-drumming.

Now millions of sirens.

Veh veh alarming.

I wonder if it's got anything to do with the wossnames? hmm

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's going on outside your house?   What's going on outside your house? - Page 24 EmptySat 11 Nov 2023 - 14:47

There are parakeets in 'The Quadrant'. gasp

I've never seen them here before.

They are being slightly annoyingly squeaky. Colbert

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

PostSubject: Re: What's going on outside your house?   What's going on outside your house? - Page 24 EmptySat 11 Nov 2023 - 15:16

Yeah, they do that.

PostSubject: Re: What's going on outside your house?   What's going on outside your house? - Page 24 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2023 - 17:20

Flashing blue lights.

Two firetrucks. My car not on flames, so I don't care.

PostSubject: Re: What's going on outside your house?   What's going on outside your house? - Page 24 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2023 - 18:46

Second firetruck has now gone.

PostSubject: Re: What's going on outside your house?   What's going on outside your house? - Page 24 EmptyTue 12 Dec 2023 - 18:44

Local Rotarian society Christmas lorry

🎅
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: What's going on outside your house?   What's going on outside your house? - Page 24 EmptyThu 16 May 2024 - 17:21

I've just seen my first ice cream van of the year. Excited

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's going on outside your house?   What's going on outside your house? - Page 24 EmptyThu 16 May 2024 - 20:07

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
I've just seen my first ice cream van of the year. Excited

We had several in January or February, someone over the road had a ‘British natives’ themed party. All the chimes going at once. This someone may or may not have been funding the lifestyle of a previous resident of 10 Downing Street, I couldn’t possibly say. It's gone downhill a lot.

You couldn’t even curtain twitch because the canopy led from the front door through the garden, across the pavement, to where the back doors of cars were opening. It’s like living in Moscow. I’m not saying there were also branded diggers delivering party favours, but there might’ve been.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's going on outside your house?   What's going on outside your house? - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's going on outside your house?
Page 24 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24