The Skyscrapercity refugees club

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

The Skyscrapercity refugees club - Page 11 Empty Re: The Skyscrapercity refugees club

Post by Nightjar on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:57 pm

The Skyscrapercity refugees club - Page 11 R0pFdYs

Back to top Go down

The Skyscrapercity refugees club - Page 11 Empty Re: The Skyscrapercity refugees club

Post by WhatDoesThisButtonDo? on Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:34 pm

My one dosn't show songs, just 'items' scared

The Skyscrapercity refugees club - Page 11 Screen87

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three on Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:52 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:The Skyscrapercity refugees club - Page 11 Screen86

And that's just last week's delivery...
Fangirl Three
Fangirl Three

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:17 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three on Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:37 pm

I'm very interested in Lloyd's of London, I have several books about how it all went t*ts-up in the 80s and had to be painstakingly patched together by bankrupting loads of their 'Names'.

One of Warren Buffett's companies took over the past years liabililities in the end y'know.

I'm sorry they didn't let you in for a look round btw pet
Fangirl Three
Fangirl Three

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:33 pm

I was more referring to my exchange with D-BorgleZ.

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:50 pm

Someone has decided to shift some of the subforums around on the main page and I keep accidentally clicking on the South West subforum rather than the Birmingham one. Colbert
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo on Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:12 pm

dontpanic

Admin

http://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo on Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:14 pm

Thew database errors are back. bawl

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:02 am

Jutht a thew?

I thought it wath lotth.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo on Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:03 am

rant

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:10 am

Wendi posted! gasp

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo on Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:18 am

gasp

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya on Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:18 am

Can I just say, I'm still rather peeved about this. I wasn't able at the time to pay my online respects to desertswo - a really lovely and generous hearted man I had been in discussion with about visiting him and his wife in Arizona. I thought it might be an ideal boys own style trip for my son. I did in fact take him to Arizona the following year - it was a worthwhile stopover between South America and New York.

Not one male poster on there was treated the way I was or spoken of the way I was.  I was variously sent naked pictures, asked to send close up crotch and body shots in response to the same, told I needed to be 'banged', and subjected to gifs depicting penetration. None of which was reciprocated. I do admit that my humour and personality is flirtatious, but not to that extent or on that level. Anything I did say, I also said publicly (unless the person was married). 'Hiding behind a keyboard' is a foreign concept to me.

I was told that 'if only all girls were as easy as Tanya, guys would have better lives' and castigated for objecting to this, for pointing out that ease doesn't come into consenting adult relations - either you both want to, or it's not happening, in which case far from 'ease' we are talking 'impossible outside criminal acts'. I've never been in that environment before - lucky me.

When I pointed out in my defence that I had never posted in the 'honk if you've had some action' thread, I was told not to push my luck. I didn't even know what the 'skybar' was until about two years after I joined. Before then, I had survived the bear pit of the Israeli sub forum without so much as an 'infraction'. I was on good repaired terms with a couple of the Scottish posters by 2015.

When I and another poster were viciously accused of racism against Celts, I complained to a moderator on behalf of both of us - he went out of his way to protect and defend the name of the other poster, and pointedly left me hanging out to dry as accused - as 'probably some Russian or Italian wh*re'. 

Only at that point did I break with him and ask wtf. I probably shouldn't have later told him to go and cycle in heavy traffic or said that his escaped cat was clearly a very smart feline, but regardless, it wasn't unprovoked.

When I asked to discuss things with moderators I was openly asked what on earth had attracted someone like me to their forum. As if it was so shocking that someone with an interest in design and urban issues would join. I never saw anyone else asked to explain their interest. 

I still find it ironic that what I naively assumed was a design led website had such disdain for my extra interest in fashion. Is there much philosophical difference between a skyscraper and a stiletto btw? Both are about power projection, fashion, ability and design. One such moderator kept my number and later sent foul late night messages telling me to go and f**k myself.

Another I had tried to unfailingly support privately over a relatives illness and death turned on me with extreme vengeance after I advised him to seize the chance of a lifetime on the other side of the world and to hell with fear of it going wrong. If he chose to fester in a bedsit in Dulwich instead, that's unfortunate. 

After all that and more, some of the increasingly conservative politics being discussed was unreal. I was called psychopathic by someone who had previously and flippantly admitted to casually filming a distressed suicidal man on London Bridge. Which I found outrageous in its callousness, and said so.

Like us all, there are things I'd do differently, but I was largely supportive of the posters there. Free with my advice, free with my own troubles, perhaps too free emotionally but also willing to apologise without reservation if I'd give too far - it's incredibly difficult online without eye contact and voice tone to convey sarcasm or whatever.

While I broadly agree with Catherine Deneuve regarding #MeToo, it was only around that movement that I began to really assess the way I was spoken of and related to, and the way women more generally are treated in predominantly male environments. The reason for my lifetime ban (the category comes up on screen) was blank.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three on Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:34 am

One such moderator kept my number and later sent foul late night messages telling me to go and f**k myself.

I may be tempting fate here, but I think I can guarantee that no-one on the NHOTW will send you messages telling you to go and f**k yourself.

Unless that's part of some elaborate role-play you and Nightie have got going, in which case, more power to your elbows

Handy Vlada
Fangirl Three
Fangirl Three

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya on Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:41 am

Fangirl Three wrote:
One such moderator kept my number and later sent foul late night messages telling me to go and f**k myself.

I may be tempting fate here, but I think I can guarantee that no-one on the NHOTW will send you messages telling you to go and f**k yourself.

Unless that's part of some elaborate role-play you and Nightie have got going, in which case, more power to your elbows

Handy Vlada
No, Nightjar is lovely. Dare I paraphrase and say if more guys were like him, women would have a far better time of it.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:08 am

flirty

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield on Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:35 pm

I've just noticed that there's still threads last posted in in August - way more than a month ago - on the FIRST page of the Skybar. Everyone on there seems to have given up talking about anything other than politics.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum