Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Butterfield

Butterfield

Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently Empty
PostSubject: Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently   Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently EmptyWed Apr 20, 2022 2:27 am

Dave Brubeck only died in 2012 - I thought he'd have died in the 60s.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently Empty
PostSubject: Re: Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently   Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently EmptyMon Feb 27, 2023 2:47 pm

I vaguely thought I knew that Betty Boothroyd had already died.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently   Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently EmptyMon Feb 27, 2023 7:50 pm

I think I'd seen Betty Boothroyd relatively recently speaking in the House of Lords.

I remember the first time I heard of her as a child - it would have been the runup to the 1992 general election and signs with her name on were tied to each lamp post in an area in between our house and my cousins' house 10 miles away as she was the MP for that area. We children thought it was funny - Betty Boothroyd/Betty Boo/Betty Boop and all that. Her name almost seemed made up. You had to be there; it was topical at the time.

Then she immediately went and became Speaker of the House and a household name - as if we'd discovered her.

Her cries of "Order! Order!" will never be matched. love them
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently   Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 1:20 pm

She definitely shaped my idea of what the speaker is meant to be, and none have matched her.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently   Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:26 pm

Duane Eddy.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/may/01/duane-eddy-grammy-musician-dies

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

PostSubject: Re: Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently   Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:48 pm

bawl

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently   Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently EmptyThu May 02, 2024 1:00 am

gasp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently   Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently Empty

Back to top Go down

Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently
Page 1 of 1