The gravely serious sandwich thread. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The gravely serious sandwich thread.

Go down 
+2
The Call of the Wendigo
Nightjar
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nightjar

Nightjar

The gravely serious sandwich thread. Empty
PostSubject: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 8:36 pm

It has become suddenly and dismayingly clear to me that we do not have a sandwich thread.

WT(actual)F is going on! rollingpin

Last edited by Nightjar on Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 8:40 pm

Anyway, who doesn't like a sangwidge of some stripe or colour?

I know I do - both stripy and colourful.

Also, plain and monochrome.

Like Caerphilly on Mother's Pride with the crusts cut off and sparsely deployed mayonnaise for that 'moistening' quality that makes a sandwich even vaguely ebidle.

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 10:40 pm

I've just had a Cheddar cheese sandwich. bowtie

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 5:34 am

I do not believe in putting mayonnaise onto everything. Particularly not cheese sandwiches.

I like a cheese and tomato sandwich, but the tomatoes must be disembowelled first to stop them making the bread soggy. I slice them up and then suck the seeds and pulp out before placing the remaining tomato flesh onto the cheese.

Obviously if I'm making the sandwich for someone else I use a knife rather than the sucking technique.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 7:10 am

ugh

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 7:44 am

It occurs to me that if I used two layers of cheese, that would make the bread a bit more juice-proof, and so I might not need to disassemble the tomatoes so thoroughly.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 9:58 am

I like a nice sandwich, me.

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 10:00 am

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
I've just had a Cheddar cheese sandwich. bowtie

Go on.

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 9:31 am

I like a nice sandwich too.

I recently ordered a Reuben, which had to be sent back due to it being made with wafer thin roast beef and pieces of apple. I was expecting corned/salt beef and no f***ing fruit.

At home, I like to make myself toasted sandwiches, usually consisting of lettuce wrapped in goats cheese. Or grated cheese and pickle. I generally go without butter on sandwiches.

I disapprove of mayonnaise in all circumstances. I once saw a 5 litre tub of it in a staff room, on top of the fridge. The kind of container paint comes in. The sight made me feel sick.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 11:20 am

Can I shock you?

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 11:55 am

Please do.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 2:01 pm

The gravely serious sandwich thread. Smell-my-cheese-you-mother

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 3:20 pm

I'm still waiting to be shocked. So far, all I've been is disgusted. All this mayonnaise chatter, topped with the most revolting line in British comedy.
Back to top Go down
stedorlordendel

stedorlordendel

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 12:24 am

On tv recently , they asked viewers to text in their fav sandwich fillings and one of the most popular was Cheese and Onion crisps.....with chocolate buttons!
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 8:08 am

I stopped at Gretna services recently and all the sandwiches were at least £5, so I figured I might as well have the most exotic ones, so I had a salt beef and mustard on rye bread one, and a pastrami rye bread one.

I'd not had proper salt beef before, it was odd, like ham, but made of beef.

Anyway, the combination of meats bunged me up proper, it was 4 days before I needed to make a 'visit' as it were.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 11:56 am

Proper salt beef is nothing like ham. Well, it might be, but I’ve never had ham, and the people who enjoy the most salt beef are definitely not the type to be basing anything on ham, so if it does it’s entirely coincidentally accidental.

I ordered salt beef in a pub chain, in a part of the country that probably had no experience of salt beef. They’d clearly just sprinkled salt on a slice of beef. The whole thing had to be sent back to the kitchen in disappointment, with a lecture.

I don’t care if they thought I was being a Karen Cohen - that was unacceptable. Now they know.

Edit - I see I’ve already spoken about a similarly sorry episode above. Yes, sending back ‘salt beef’ that isn’t is something I’ve had to do more than once, and likely will again.
Back to top Go down
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 12:32 pm

Salt beef is like ham.

yes

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 12:43 pm

Say that around Golders Green, I dare you.
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 1:26 pm

When I say ham I mean thinly sliced supermarket ham, not hey clarse thick rough-cut ham like perhaps you're used to, CT.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 1:39 pm

I am not used to any ham. I have never eaten it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The gravely serious sandwich thread.   The gravely serious sandwich thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

The gravely serious sandwich thread.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next