Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Alphabetisers Assemble!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 9:38 pm

As the great Ranganathan says of library science 'Every book its reader', 'Every reader their book', 'Save the time of the reader'.

If you are the only reader in the S. Baby Music Library, then these laws urge you to file each work where you yourself most expect to find it.
Back to top Go down
http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Steviebaby wrote:
Does it matter if you're talking about Alice Cooper the group or the solo artist? dontpanic

Yes. Alice Cooper the group must be filed under 'A' and Alice Cooper the singer must be filed under 'C'.

They MUST be split up. box

evil2

Speaking of which, should solo singers from bands, such as Geri and Emma of the Spice Girls, be filed under their more famous bands? Boy George, Culture Club? Together or split? confused 2 I keep them together, under 'B' for "Boy George and related; Jesus Loves You et al, then in album or single release date order.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 10:57 pm

When I say date order, the 2003 remaster of 1982's Kissing to Be Clever comes first. box
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 10:58 pm

I think I have the 1999 Culture Club album stuck in between some solo Boy George releases. It's all a bit confusing.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 10:59 pm

Paul McCartney and Wings. Is it under "P"? Is it under "M"? Is it under "C"? Is it under "W"? scared

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 10:59 pm

Funnily enough, my Boy George-related section is right after his biggest influence - David Bowie.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 11:02 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
Paul McCartney and Wings. Is it under "P"? Is it under "M"? Is it under "C"? Is it under "W"? scared

What about Paul McCartney and the Frog Chorus?! dontpanic

Did they ever do an album? blah blah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 11:15 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:

I'd put them under W for Wings. hrmph:

Unless it was compilation of Paul McCartney AND Wings songs, in which case I'd put it under M.

Unless I felt it was more of a Wings compilation in which case blah blah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 11:22 pm

Butterfield wrote:
Steviebaby wrote:
Does it matter if you're talking about Alice Cooper the group or the solo artist? dontpanic

Yes. Alice Cooper the group must be filed under 'A' and Alice Cooper the singer must be filed under 'C'.

They MUST be split up. box

What About this:

Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 R-2942760-1377355923-4827.jpeg

Has songs like School's Out by the Alice Cooper Band, and tracks by Alice Cooper the solo artist?

dontpanic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 11:29 pm

Actually thinking about it, I haven't actually got a Alice Cooper greatest hits album anyway.

And I've put everything I have got by them/him under C dontpanic

OOhh
Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 Screen24
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 11:58 pm

When did *he* become Alice Cooper anyway? I guess that the School's Out era is the band and late 80s Poison is the man himself.
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 7:54 am

Fangirl Three wrote:

Mr Blobby

I must have been drunk to write that. It should of course be

Mr Blobby

It's not like you're going to have works by loads of artists called Mr X, Mr Y, Mr Z after all.

Though with a collection the size of Stevie's, who knows? Or dares to dream?
Back to top Go down
http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 8:39 am

Mr Ozio.
Mr. C.
Mr T
Mr. Bungle
Mr. Big

None of which I own. I think I had a Mr. Ozio CD single once, dunno

I do have this though:

Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 R-2070075-1265553313.jpeg

Demon

Butterfield wrote:
When did *he* become Alice Cooper anyway? I guess that the School's Out era is the band and late 80s Poison is the man himself.

Last album by Alice Cooper the band was 1973's Muscle of Love

Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 Acmuscle

asp
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 9:23 pm

Don’t forget this is for all you alphabetically challenged questions not just record collection ones
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 10:07 pm

I'm not really one for alphabetising as a rule. The only thing I keep in alphabetical order is fiction by author surname. Everything else is in chronological order (within its own category natch).

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 12:15 am

It'll never come up in real life of course, but what about The 1975?

scared
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 9:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Actually thinking about it, I haven't actually got a Alice Cooper greatest hits album anyway.

And I've put everything I have got by them/him under C dontpanic

OOhh
Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 Screen24

I have Jethro Tull as 'J', so by the same logic I should have Alice Cooper under 'A'

dontpanic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 9:42 pm

Mind you does that mean David Bovvie and the David Bovvie Band ft. David Bovvie should be under D as Bovvie isn't his real name?

I'm over thinking this one.
Back to top Go down
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 4:22 pm

3:03 Tee Hee
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 4:47 pm

killcomputer

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetisers Assemble!   Alphabetisers Assemble! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alphabetisers Assemble!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The New Hall of the Wendigo :: Other Stuff :: The Crusty Bunker-
Jump to: