Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff
Nightjar
cosmictanya
9 posters

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:15 pm

Nightjar wrote:Père Lachaise is the best 'sight' in Paris.

Pepé Le Pew?

Back to top Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2

Post by cosmictanya Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:42 pm

It seems he’s not as acutely ill as first thought. In fact, he will probably live for several years with tablets of some description. It’s hard to put into words how upsetting this is.

My mother seems to have aged about five years by catering to his every whim over the last few months. Now, I have to think his presence will loom over us for much longer.

And of course, he’s set a new standard - being waited on hand and foot. He’s already turned her into a rugby wife. When I’m back from holiday, her friend and I are going to speak.

She’s as horrified by it all as me, and more likely to be listened to. I was ready to say goodbye - I’d already emailed Twickenham about scattering him there (no can do btw).
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:22 pm

I'm so tired. I've been carrying stuff in and out of hotels, and wrangling boxes around in storage units, all day.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:25 pm

Surprised you're not tempted just to dump a load at a local charity shop by now

Or an unattended skip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:35 am

It is very tempting. And money isn't the problem, I could have it all taken away for the price of 6 weeks' storage.

But I've got to keep this book on electrical circuits in case civilisation collapses and we have to rebuilt it. And I have to keep this etymology book in case a future authoritarian goverment makes the internet illegal. And I have to keep these chairs in case there's another post-COVID supply chain crunch and I can't buy new ones...

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:31 am

How can it be that you haven’t bought a flat yet? What are you doing? You must have spent thousands upon thousands on hotels by now.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:01 pm

It works out, storage included, to be £2500 a month, which would be the cost of renting a quite fancy place.

I can afford it aristojar

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:28 pm

£30,000 a year is quite a lot. I presume the hotels and the petrol are company expenses, but the storage can’t be. It will have to be quite the house price crash - and therefore economic catastrophe - for it to end up saving you money not to have just bought a flat a couple of years ago, and still save the cost of two years of living this way into the bargain set against whatever you eventually buy.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:23 pm

They aren't company expenses. But I'm not aiming to save money. I'm aiming to have a lifestyle where, if I don't like my neighbours, it's easy to change them.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:18 pm

Lend us a fiver mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:55 pm

I can't afford it. My favourite Spanish omelettes have gone up to £4.20. (I heat them up by immersing them in boiling water from the kettle).

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:46 pm

My Godson passed all of his GCSEs. cheer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:15 pm

Well done him. box

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:17 pm

An ad hoc arrangement with hired muscle to threaten any unliked neighbours away from the area would be much cheaper than spending £30,000 a year on Travelodges.

Or if you really don’t want to run the risk of having neighbours that might not be perfect, you could buy a little cottage in the countryside and sit on your porch with a rifle.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:45 pm

I shall pass your congratulations on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:51 am

cosmictanya wrote:spending £30,000 a year on Travelodges

Premier Inns if you don't mind. And that figure includes storage. The hotel component is only about £22k.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:27 am

Well, it’s your life.

As to mine, I spent most of Saturday in Wolverhampton.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:20 am

pet

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:05 pm

It seemed ok. Not at all what I was expecting. Tettenbridge or Tittenhall or something. It was a family I know. Not having been there before, I didn’t take my son but having now been, I’d have taken him if I’d known it wasn’t dreadful. It just looked like ordinary suburbia - I wouldn’t have thought twice if he’d gone off to the park or whatever, which is a definite improvement on my impression that it might not even be appropriate for him to experience it from the seat of a locked car. Knowing it’s hostile territory I had made a promise to myself not to discuss anything vaguely political with any local, and to just smile in a non committal way if they did, and that worked.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:55 am

Oh yes, Tettenhall (locally pronounced "Tett-null"), perhaps the wealthiest part of Wolverhampton. It has half timbered buildings, a village green with lido and everything.

Several years ago there was a campaign for the "village" to split from Wolverhampton. aristojar

You should have paid a visit to Tanya's Diner on the other side of the city. creep
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next