What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

What's happening in your life? Part 2

Go down 
+5
Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff
Nightjar
cosmictanya
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Butterfield

Butterfield

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 7:48 pm

I did actually wonder if there was a connection, like a hangover incident after a day off work or similar related post-exciting wedding actions resulting in an untimely de'ath.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 7:51 pm

At least they got to watch the wedding first.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 7:51 pm

They were probably a budding fashion designer with a scholarship to St. Martins pending and then saw Lady Di's wedding dress and decided to end it all the next day. sad yes

Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 8:40 pm

Sitting here very tense hoping that my Wife and Daughter can get a flight home from Dubai later tonight where thay have been stranded since Wednesday.
Could be worse places to be stuck I suppose, but they have no idea where their luggage is....
Back to top Go down
Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 8:42 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:
If it wasn't for mum I would never go back to Essex again.

If I didn't live here neither would I.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 8:43 pm

Ooh dear. I hope it all works out OK.

Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 9:00 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:

They have been to Thailand on holiday but had to get a connecting flight in Dubai, because of the storm they were diverted to Abu Dhabi but not let off the aircraft for 16hrs, missed the connection, had to queue in Dubai for 12 hrs to find help, got none and eventually gave up because the "Middle Eastern Gentlemen" were displaying their attitude towards women by pushing them out of the way to get seen first etc etc.
They were told somewhere else that hold luggage wasn't available, then told as they couldn't get out till Sunday that they had to get it except no one knew where it was, they went searching but were told to "Go away" so gave up, got a hotel room and done a bit of sightseeing....been up the Burj etc.
Been told there is a flight at 8AM Dubai time Sunday but still got no hold luggage so I suppose that is written off...including my go-pro gear.
Lets just hope they get home tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 9:16 pm

Bonne chance, Zarners. Neutral

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 10:53 pm

CT's standard first human interaction of a normal Sunday morning.

https://new.reddit.com/r/Unexpected/comments/1c8wg92/an_appalling_picture_very_rude/

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 11:27 pm

Why have I been connected to this?
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 11:30 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
The Call of the Wendigo wrote:

They have been to Thailand on holiday but had to get a connecting flight in Dubai, because of the storm they were diverted to Abu Dhabi but not let off the aircraft for 16hrs, missed the connection, had to queue in Dubai for 12 hrs to find help, got none and eventually gave up because the "Middle Eastern Gentlemen" were displaying their attitude towards women by pushing them out of the way to get seen first etc etc.
They were told somewhere else that hold luggage wasn't available, then told as they couldn't get out till Sunday that they had to get it except no one knew where it was, they went searching but were told to "Go away" so gave up, got a hotel room and done a bit of sightseeing....been up the Burj etc.
Been told there is a flight at 8AM Dubai time Sunday but still got no hold luggage so I suppose that is written off...including my go-pro gear.
Lets just hope they get home tomorrow.

They’re Essex girls, not snowdrops - tell them to push back. They’ll just have to shout harder, gesticulate more, duck where possible, and barge where it isn’t. When in Rome. They don’t mean anything by it - they’re pushing and shoving because they’ve also been on the tarmac for 16 hours. I wouldn’t be letting a stranger get ahead of me, even if I was a Middle Eastern gentleman. Plead, flirt, push, and fight to the front - after 16 hours plus 12 hours, it’s the only way.

In my - not small - experience, the great thing about Middle Eastern gentlemen is that you can do all that, and they really don’t take it personally, and they don’t mean it personally in the opposite direction. If there’s an airline desk to be moved towards, move towards it and to hell with anyone else. If there’s a taxi fare to be argued about, scream and shout. Unleash all necessary to get what you need in a battle of wills. It’ll be fine as soon as it’s solved, and they’ll be your friend.

The only exceptions Middle Eastern/Mediterranean people make are for very elderly people or tiny children. If they’d borrowed an old lady or old gent, or a baby, from another passenger, the crowd might’ve parted for them in a relatively trouble free way. Otherwise, it’s every woman for herself so you just have to get into the spirit of things or you’ll end up up the Burj without an airline ticket. Anyway, besides that, I’m sorry your family got stuck and you’re worried.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 9:39 am

I've finally managed to assemble my new power saw. I only had to watch five videos to find out how to do it. box

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 10:03 am

scared

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 11:12 am

What are you going to saw? scared

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 11:26 am

Some old bits of collapsed fencing and some small branches.

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 2:15 pm

box

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 3:48 pm

Had a great fight in the food halls earlier. I was on fire the moment trouble flared.

That’ll be someone who thinks twice before insulting someone who hasn’t noticed him.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

I have too many cardboard boxes in my house, what with recent deliveries of items and me hanging on to boxes from previous deliveries, in case I need them to return the items that came in them.

Therefore, I have set about disposing of them.

bowtie

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 8:16 pm

Today, I have torn up two boxes and put them in the bin but the bin is already half full and the next collection isn't for another month.

This means it is going to take me some time to get rid of them.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 9:19 pm

I thought you said ‘this means I’m going to take some me time to get rid of them’.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2   What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 2
Page 25 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next