Reaction videos

+2
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff
Butterfield
6 posters

Go down

Reaction videos Empty Reaction videos

Post by Butterfield Sun 31 Dec 2023 - 14:38

I had a quick search and I don't think we have such a thread - not to be confused with general review videos, unboxing and such.

I've pretty much managed to avoid them until the last week or so, but I've been down a YouTube rabbit hole of watching videos of people reacting to some of my favourite songs (previously unknown songs to most of them), and from that onto Americans reacting to old British comedy shows, and even Fred Dibnah climbing chimneys.

Some of the people in these reaction videos are young, naive and incredibly annoying, but others offer a genuinely interesting insight into the mind of a M*llennial or G*n Z when it comes to listening to "old" songs, or what Americans think of our programmes.

Discuss. And feel free to post any videos.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Reaction videos Empty Re: Reaction videos

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sun 31 Dec 2023 - 14:42

Funny how they always like the Boomer tunes, almost if they said it's ok wouldn't go down to well with the fans of the, whatever it is they're 'reviewing'.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun 31 Dec 2023 - 16:29

I started watching them a decade ago, back when there were just a small handful of people doing Doctor Who reactions.

Now there are millions of people doing them but the only Doctor Who reactors I watch regularly are Sesskasays and Justsoshayla.

There are billions of people doing music reactions now. Most of them just claim to love every single thing they hear, no matter what it is. The music reactors I watch most are Andy and Alex, Call Me Caroline and Virgin Rock because they do actual critical analysis.

The woman from Virgin Rock is the most analytical reactor I've ever seen in my life. She makes Rick Beato look like a slacker.

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun 31 Dec 2023 - 16:44

Call Me Caroline also does analysis as she listens but is more infectious about it.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon 1 Jan 2024 - 20:27

https://youtu.be/PyTKzX4qtT4?t=290

Gorilla No

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Mon 1 Jan 2024 - 21:05

I just commented. box

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Mon 1 Jan 2024 - 22:28

scared

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed 3 Jan 2024 - 7:58

I like a good reaction video. From an American family in awe at shopping in a Tesco Extra (the thing they most enjoy doing on their visits), to tribesmen watching pop videos, there are some excellent ones. For a while I subscribed to a young couple from New York who’d moved to rural Norfolk.

I have occasionally considered suicide when I’ve found myself awake at 2am watching valley girls trying boxes of crisps and sweets - although there was a great one where the whole family drank undiluted Ribena and absolutely loved it - they were googling what blackcurrants were, and asked for more.

There’s a midwestern lesbian couple I could no longer take when they wowed and sobbed at the queens funeral. Until then, I’d enjoyed watching them with mere distaste. Usually they just wow at postcard pictures of Bath and York, while I work out whether they’d be great marks for a pickpocket.

I also like Gogglebox.

I think there’s a perfect limit - if the reaction goes on too long, it’s unbearable. React, move on.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed 3 Jan 2024 - 9:36

cosmictanya wrote:There’s a midwestern lesbian couple I could no longer take when they wowed and sobbed at the queens funeral. Until then, I’d enjoyed watching them with mere distaste. Usually they just wow at postcard pictures of Bath and York
Are these them? They show up in my feed all the time, even though I don't tend to watch their videos.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed 3 Jan 2024 - 12:33

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
cosmictanya wrote:There’s a midwestern lesbian couple I could no longer take when they wowed and sobbed at the queens funeral. Until then, I’d enjoyed watching them with mere distaste. Usually they just wow at postcard pictures of Bath and York
Are these them? They show up in my feed all the time, even though I don't tend to watch their videos.

Yes. My god, that is them. Debbie and Natasha. They are so awful. It would be more interesting if the stuff they review was more interesting, but as it as, it’s like being out of cigarettes and getting stuck behind a couple of tourists oohing and aahing over postcards. You’re second in the queue, and there they are in front of you, oblivious.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Wed 3 Jan 2024 - 19:44

there was a great one where the whole family drank undiluted Ribena and absolutely loved it - they were googling what blackcurrants were, and asked for more

Americans have 'grape' flavour where we'd expect blackcurrant. Blackcurrant supposedly became popular in Britain during WW2, on account of it being the only domestic source of Vitamin C.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Thu 4 Jan 2024 - 1:16

I've watched them watching - and enjoying - the Two Ronnies.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Thu 4 Jan 2024 - 2:18

And your thoughts on their enjoyment?
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu 4 Jan 2024 - 7:57

Butterfield wrote:

YouTube has recommended numerous videos to me that involve Americans watching The Four Candles sketch and I've always wondered if they really understand what's being said or are just pretending to.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Thu 4 Jan 2024 - 20:57

cosmictanya wrote:And your thoughts on their enjoyment?

It was.... alright.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Thu 4 Jan 2024 - 20:58

Butterfield wrote:

YouTube has recommended numerous videos to me that involve Americans watching The Four Candles sketch and I've always wondered if they really understand what's being said or are just pretending to.

Yes, I think I saw them watching that one. They seem to follow it until the "bill hooks" bit at the end, but then it took me years to understand that. shifty
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down