What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

What's going on with your teeth?

Go down 
+2
The Call of the Wendigo
Fangirl Three
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Nightjar

Nightjar

What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 9:05 am

It was a joke.

I hoped that you'd see it for what was - a preposterous, crudely offensive and moreover unwarranted comment, exacerbated by a completely arbitrary and irrelevant mitigation.

It's my sense of humour, sometimes.

A bit, hmm, near the knuckle.

Elliptical perhaps.

Opaque.

Sorry.

PS - Wendi hadn't really annoyed me.

Post deleted.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 9:14 am

I think we all need a group hug. group hug

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 9:18 am

I think from now on we shouldn't be suggesting Albums to the Album listening Thread that causes 'concerns' when cloth eared idiots fail to see its merits.

Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 9:23 am

Nah.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 9:31 am

Really, though, beyond a bit of eye-rolling on my part, I wasn't annoyed.

It did cast an especially pathetic light on my efforts to translate all the very complex and bizarre lyrics though and made me feel like I'd wasted my friend's time (although it was fun and we had a laugh doing it - especially for her, taunting me over my appalling French pronunciation).

It's just that, immediately afterwards, I happened to click on this 'teeth thread' and a demonic little 'joke' popped into my head.

It's the kind of thing I'd do with good friends.

Who, like, er... know me and stuff.

If I was sat around a table with a couple of them and they were going on about their teeth and I wasn't involved in the discussion I'd be likely to say the same type of thing, firstly to get a rise out of them and secondly to send myself up as a seemingly petulant pr*nnet who's upset that they're not the centre of attention.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 9:36 am

Wasn't there a line in that ELO album last night that said something like "I punched her interface"?

Maybe that's what inspired my zany joke? shifty

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 9:37 am

Oh, no...

Fangirl Three wrote:
'kiss her interface' ?

shifty

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 1:08 pm

Fair enough. Lots of meaning gets lost in translation online, I know that very well and it's one reason I can't love the medium. For instance, I've no idea whether 'The Cloth Eared Idiot' is the title for a new Penguin modern classic thereby doubling down on rude hostility, or something else entirely. To me, there's a difference between 'f*ck off and die' and 'I hope all your teeth fall out' - one is an affectionate greeting, the other a possible nightmare in the category of blindness, acid attack, amputation, etc.

I'm sorry you felt you had to delete your joke.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 1:25 pm

Don't worry.

I'm still chuckling about it to myself. evil2

It was like so awful a thing to say that there was something deliciously forbidden about it.

It reminds me on reflection of this Freak Brothers story...

What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 XIepTt2

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 2:58 pm

Not bad.
Back to top Go down
Helium

Helium

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2020 7:32 am

I have wondered if I lost a prominent front tooth, which will probably be likely at this rate (i.e. being punched in the mouth in a scrap) whether I would go the gold tooth route.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2020 9:29 am

Gold/inserts on teeth always look durty from a distance, and tacky up close.

What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 380195_1
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:41 am

My crown that keeps falling out is a gold one.

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:44 am

Can't you melt it a bit so it freezes into the shape of your tooth hole.

evil2
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2020 11:25 am

Helium wrote:
I have wondered if I lost a prominent front tooth, which will probably be likely at this rate (i.e. being punched in the mouth in a scrap) whether I  would go the gold tooth route.

Please don't. You're reliant for life on the lighting conditions of wherever you are always being bright enough to reveal that you are a person of considered vulgarity rather than just an unhygienic so-and-so with a very darkly discoloured tooth.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2020 11:27 am

I see WWTBD has made the same point. I agree with him.
Back to top Go down
Helium

Helium

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2020 12:26 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:
Gold/inserts on teeth always look durty from a distance, and tacky up close.

Ur talking to someone who has painted their wall a bright turquoisery copper-patina. But I get your point.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2020 3:05 pm

That wall isn't tacky, it's a base to build on and around.

As you also wore a brace, did you ever think it would look good to have all white bands? I did. It's not a mistake anyone makes twice.
Back to top Go down
Helium

Helium

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2020 6:28 pm

Just a little self-depreicating humour!

I suppose it matters not, we're living in the age of meta-modernism now, where something can be held with both complete sincerity and cherished, or with irony.

Although I suppose we're still someway before gold teeth look good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2020 6:33 pm

I'd be worried about getting mugged 5 seconds with pliers for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's going on with your teeth?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next