What's going on with your teeth? - Page 5 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

What's going on with your teeth?

Go down 
+2
The Call of the Wendigo
Fangirl Three
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

What's going on with your teeth? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2023 8:39 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:
It went splendidly, I rode out the rush hour by pottering round the big Sainsburys and purchasing further storage boxes.

The dentist praised the state of my teeth too. curtsey
box

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2023 7:20 am

I would always plan to arrive 5 minutes before the appointment. And I allow an extra hour for any journey to Zarnichester, in case the A12 grinds to a halt, which it seems to be doing more and more often these days.

It did so on the way back yesterday, I had to go round through Coggeshall and Kelvedon.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 11:16 am

I cracked a wisdom tooth very badly. This morning I had an x ray and he called the nurse over to look as the results came onto the computer, and they laughed.

He said ‘we’ll just take it out’ - ok great. But won’t that lead to a space that could result in cosmetic realignment consequences over time, I asked. He said ‘if you were young, let’s say 20, I’d balance it out by taking the wisdom tooth from the other side, but as you're already 41 you’ll be really old by the time anything like that kicks in so I wouldn't worry about it’.

Feeling very special now. Too old to have to concern myself with any cosmetic consequences, but at least I provided them with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 12:10 pm

First extraction since 1994 (when I was being prepared for my brace) this morning. A wisdom tooth. After I was numbed I had an almost panic attack, and tried to back out.

They talked me down, and I thought I was going to be sick, faint, and cry, all at the same time, while things continued. Pressure, and I could hear it giving way.

They did say they noticed I was clinging white knuckled to the sides of the chair as if it was the worst rollercoaster in the world. Came home in a cab with a pack of gauze.

I’ve never been scared of the dentist - usually I treat it as a spa experience, but that was difficult. I thought about going home numb, wisdom tooth in place, until I could get Valium.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 12:13 pm

Oh, I see this is actually a follow up post. How tidy. Yes, this morning was the follow up to the original pre Christmas catastrophe.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 12:24 pm

In the info leaflet, it says to prepare for throbbing pain. I can’t deal with throbbing pain, only throbbing pleasure. I can only deal with pain that is ‘ouch, sore, don’t touch’ steady pain.

It all just tastes like a mix of iron and marzipan at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:13 pm

Take some crushed aspirin or parrotseathemall and gently massage the powder onto the affected area (the gum around the tooth).

It doesn't taste great (especially the parrotseathemall), but it's the only way I know of dealing with bad mouth, tooth and gum pain.

All that oil of cloves nonsense doesn't work.

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 2:06 pm

Thank you. My mother brought round aspirin when I realised I’d run out, but I hadn’t heard of crushing them - I’ll do it with the next dose. Don’t worry - I go straight to what works when it comes to pain relief.

That like was from me btw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with your teeth?   What's going on with your teeth? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's going on with your teeth?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5