The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The, "I have a question," thread

Go down 
+3
Nightjar
Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Nightjar

Nightjar

The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 9:11 pm

I've looked online and it seems that the term "clicktim", for someone who's been duped into clicking on a click-bait link hasn't ever been used.

Basically I just made it up.

How can I become an overnight billionaire from this invention?

It's a well known fact that anything come up with first on the internet makes people rich and famous beyond their wildest dreams so, help me out.

I'll give you all:

1p if I make a tenner.
£10 if I become a millionaire
£50 if I become a billionaire
£1000 if i become a trillionaire
100 shares in NightjarCorp if I become richer than Bill Gates + the Sultan of Brunei x Paul McCartney - Adele x The Queen and Emlyn Hughes and Willie Carson - what Lester Piggott diddled off the taxman.

+ whatever Elton John and Ben Elton's collection of ostentatiously-sized glasses makes at a local church raffle.

x the combined contemporary value of the treasures looted by the N*zis during WWII.

- VAT.

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 9:18 pm

Excited

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 9:35 pm

Can I be the person who makes you an overnight billionaire by suggesting you spell it 'clictim', and who doesn't get a penny?

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 12:14 am

Why are there so many rivers in the UK called the Wye/Wyre and the Thames/Thame/Tame/Teme/Team? eye crazy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:34 pm

The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 3120826439_f50b220768

Jack Douglas' Duke of Earl T-shirt. Wot? Why? There must be a joke there, isn't there?
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 7:05 pm

If a friend of yours had laughed at how easily manipulated their boyfriend was, how gullible, how generous, how many times he'd believed you that you weren't knocking off a string of other people, would you tell him?

I was friendly with her, but over the course of this I've not only met him, spent time with him, and prefer him to her. I have done similar in the past, but never with a genuinely sweet guy who works hard for a modest income.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 7:10 pm

Unless you can provide evidence to him, I wouldn't do it. She'll only deny it and claim you're making stuff up because you're jealous of her. And he'll believe her. sad yes

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 7:20 pm

Yeah, I'm afraid you're right. It just makes things a bit awkward.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 8:28 pm

Why do orange Capri-Suns take less than half a minute to drink? Always. Even the 330ml ones.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 8:33 pm

Nightjar wrote:
I've looked online and it seems that the term "clicktim", for someone who's been duped into clicking on a click-bait link hasn't ever been used.

Basically I just made it up.

How can I become an overnight billionaire from this invention?

It's a well known fact that anything come up with first on the internet makes people rich and famous beyond their wildest dreams so, help me out.

I'll give you all:

1p if I make a tenner.
£10 if I become a millionaire
£50 if I become a billionaire
£1000 if i become a trillionaire
100 shares in NightjarCorp if I become richer than Bill Gates + the Sultan of Brunei x Paul McCartney - Adele x The Queen and Emlyn Hughes and Willie Carson - what Lester Piggott diddled off the taxman.

+ whatever Elton John and Ben Elton's collection of ostentatiously-sized glasses makes at a local church raffle.

x the combined contemporary value of the treasures looted by the N*zis during WWII.

- VAT.

I think you need to do wider research before you buy a yacht called T*ts and name the two tenders to it N*pple I and N*pple II, while your subjects are flogged for not being religious enough.

As someone who always clicks when there is a hint that Timothee Chalamet has been mentioned or newly photographed, I would strongly suspect the term 'clicktim' has been used before.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 10:15 pm

Why are recorders called recorders? They don't record anything? rant

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 10:15 pm

They just make noises when you blow down them. rant

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 10:17 pm

Way back in the day 'record' meant to sing or play a song to yourself in order to learn it. A recorder was a simple, easy-to-play instrument which you might use for that purpose.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 10:27 pm

Than you, Fangy. I feel suitably enlightened. happy

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 12:12 am

Thank you, so do I. That's genuinely interesting. I'd always thought the only real purpose of recorders was for whacking siblings.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 6:06 am

Is three and a half years within or outside the bounds of acceptable for getting in touch with a former friend?

Specifically, solely to ask if I can have the beautifully carved and polished olivewood cheeseboard and matching ashtray she accidentally packed in her suitcase?

We've barely spoken since our ill fated holiday. The last time we were together I had to threaten to throw her overboard to stop her from following me round this boat we ended up on. That, only after a warning to have her marooned on an island proved ineffective.

They are such lovely things.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 9:18 am

I would say it is perfectly acceptable to get in touch with her.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 1:49 pm

I think I will.

While I'm at it I'll also contact an old friend who became a Messianic Jew after a drug addiction.

We fell out because she refused to accept that Messianic Judaism was a contradiction in terms and her hopes of finding a practicing Jewish husband were bound to be dashed against the rocks of reality. You may as well have a Buddhist Pope.

While browsing the crazy world of Apricity last night I was reminded of her. Hopefully she's doing wonderfully and has become more informed about the basics.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 9:24 pm

I was on the tube and a woman sitting opposite looked just like one of those badly made Neanderthal models you sometimes see in museums - wiry hair, jaw out to here, four foot nothing or thereabouts.

She made me wonder, why we have such dreadful provincial museums compared to the United States?

Surely we were out in the world thieving years before they got round to it, so what happened? I went to Ohio once and was astonished at the quality and scope of their art museums.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 9:42 pm

I recall a thesis that compared the two countries approaches to philanthropy. Lavish public generosity/need to be known as, compared with a mean spirit/no interest in self promotion. It was convincingly argued. Perhaps that's it.

Apparently in the mid 60's Time or one of those magazines got in touch with the UN ambassadors from France, America, and the U.K. to ask what they each wanted for Christmas. The French asked for liberty, equality, and fraternity. The Americans asked for freedom and democracy. The British asked for a crate of Bollinger and a box of marzipan fruits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The, "I have a question," thread
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next