Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Christmas Shopping News

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
flibbington2.0

flibbington2.0

Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 9:38 am

Hello!

Sorry, I got a bit lost there. Normal programming will resume in 3, 2, 1.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 7:50 pm

Did I imagine a thread on here called want?

I have some new wants.

These earrings...

Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 Cdn.cliqueinc.com__cache__posts__244139__smokey-eye-makeup-244139-1512590686765-image.700x0c-e3e0ddd6cccb439194dee5eafac6b688

And this earring and choker set...

Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 Screen-shot-2019-09-24-at-3-34-42-pm-1569353782.png?crop=1.00xw:1

Despite having never really appreciated chokers, I love that. I think both would look best with a simple white shirt unbuttoned to the bra, with the sleeves rolled up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 7:56 pm

This is a thread called ‘Want’.

Good luck finding it, the search on here is pathetic.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2019 3:22 pm

Ordered these for boyfriends daughter...

Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 Imgrc0070317679
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 2:58 pm

I do wish I hadn't remembered my Amazon password recently. I've logged off after spending £2,793.32 in just half an hour. I only went on to get a book during an afternoon lull in the workday.

Still, that's a few peoples Christmas gifts on the way, and it was my birthday so - I'm sure Tina Turner didn't scrimp either.

I doubt our (mine and Tina's) fellow birthday girl, the late Pat Pheonix would've denied herself a few nice things either.

My grandparents used to donate the value of presents they bought to charities, so everything cost them double. I'm not that generous, but I do feel some guilt about it.
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 5:18 pm

I used to do Christmas presents for 3 people for £10 when I was unemployed. Now I budget £180 for the same three people, including a bottle of Montrachet to have with Christmas dinner.

Tonight is the first late night Christmas shopping Wednesday in Fanchester, and as usual the traffic past my house is appalling.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 8:36 pm

I've always spent too much, it's one of my few pleasures. Thankfully the old 'insufficient funds' doesn't generally happen these days.

The worst present I gave was a housewarming gift of Kimberly Clark loo roll and the half used bottle of bleach I stole from a pub toilet on the way. But I didn't like her. I just wanted to see if she would genuinely thank me.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 8:40 pm

cosmictanya wrote:
Ordered these for boyfriends daughter...

Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 Imgrc0070317679

Is that by Me and Zena? Excited

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 8:43 pm

Les Nereides. She's 10 - she likes mermaids.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 8:44 pm

Oh.

Have you seen Me and Zena stuff?

https://www.meandzena.com

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 8:46 pm

Yeah, I just googled it there. Some of it looks quite fun. I like the pink rotary telephone earrings.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 8:49 pm

The tv showing the test card is good too.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 8:55 pm

Hmm...

That stuff doesn't look as good or witty as her older stuff.

I know she's constantly looking at trends (mocked me roundly for my lack of zeitgeisty nous ages ago) and unicorns etc are obviously so de rigueur these days...

Also, I know she's well into her Eastern philosophy, yoga and all that, so all that "cosmic" and "nirvana" stuff seems obvious.

Oh, in case I didn't mention, I know her BTW. hmm

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 9:02 pm

flibbington2.0 wrote:
I have it on good authority that my workplace will conduct a secret santa and participation will be mandatory. Because enforced fun is the best type of fun.

Just refuse. I would.

We do handwritten cards (up to you whether it's 'Best Wishes, Tanya' or a lengthy tribute) and charitable donations on behalf of the recipient - mine is the Alzheimer's Society. If you want to spend more lavishly for particular friends you do it privately and away from work.

It works for us, and we don't have overweight people wobbling around wearing tinsel scrunchies and giving each other nasty tasting chocolates that are shared with everyone, including the unwilling. I've seen offices where that goes on so I know. Be a conscientious objector.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 9:04 pm

I got that. You should tell her that her current range lacks wit. Never leave a friend in the dark.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 9:12 pm

Last year I was 'seconded' to a well known national charity for a couple of days each week in the run up to Christmas to get a proper insight into what had gone wrong. Then work with to steer them and communicate a strategy both to the staff and the outside world.

All they did was buy each other naff liqueurs every day and listen to Wizzard and Slade and the like on a loop. Someone else went to Paris for two days shopping using a fact finding lunch as cover to spend wildly. I couldn't hire/fire but I had equal power over promotions or demotions.

By New Year she was cleaning out one of the lavs when I returned. I know what goes on outside boutique offices for bespoke operations. A hard line has to be taken. There were some really vulnerable people coming in for focus groups etc while all this horror went on in plain sight.

Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 9:15 pm

cosmictanya wrote:
I got that. You should tell her that her current range lacks wit.

I just said that. Colbert

Anyway, I haven't seen her for 5 years.

disappoint

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 9:18 pm

Well, as good an opportunity as any to get back in touch...

'Darling Zena - it's been five years, let's not leave it another five. I was looking at your range online and found it rather lacking. Lunch at your convenience? Call me, Nightjar X'...

Everyone's a winner. Two friends reunite, and one of them staves off bad reviews and/or bankruptcy with the help of the other.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 9:31 pm

Nah.

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Nightjar wrote:
Nah.

Well, up too you.

What are you getting your ma?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Shopping News   Christmas Shopping News - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Shopping News
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next