The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stedorlordendel

stedorlordendel

The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... Empty
PostSubject: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 11:23 pm

is what ?

I've bought a new laptop. I've had this one for several yrs.

They've ordered one, and I'll probably pick it up on Tuesday. I dread setting it up.
When did laptops get so small ?! I felt like such a dumb caveman too, talking to the salesman. He was on about clouds. Shocked like you have on your smartphone. evil no I've never used one of those, they're for wizards.

Why did i pick the one I picked ? I don't know. Errr 'cause it was silver, and I've been used to a black one ?:o

CD/DVDs don't go into the laptop anymore ? What ? Shocked Shocked
So I bought a dvd writer too. :silent:
Back to top Go down
stedorlordendel

stedorlordendel

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 11:24 pm

And the anti virus thingies don't come already loaded onto the laptops anymore ?

And I had to get insurance through direct debit !
(I only got my first ever debit card and cheque book in the last few wks) !
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 11:39 pm

I don't think I've bought any technology since I bought my mega-power router/modem thingy, the other month.

I have been thinking of getting a couple of USB fans to stick under my radiators to see if it makes the room seem warmer, like people claim.

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 9:30 am

stedorlordendel wrote:
is what ?

I've bought a new laptop. I've had this one for several yrs.

They've ordered one, and I'll probably pick it up on Tuesday. I dread setting it up.
When did laptops get so small ?! I felt like such a dumb caveman too, talking to the salesman. He was on about clouds. Shocked like you have on your smartphone. evil no I've never used one of those, they're for wizards.

sad yes

Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 4:48 pm

My new monitor is great, I can see everything now eye crazy

Only problem it is, it came in a big box marked GAMING MONITOR and covered in explosion graphics, so the DPD bloke now thinks I'm a waster who's whiling the shutdown away with shoot-em-ups.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 5:24 pm

I went out this afternoon to buy batteries for my channel changer. I couldn't remember why I was in the shop in the first place so after an aimless browse I returned with Jaffa cakes.

This means that the last technical purchase by me remains my personal mobile, which I got around March 2017.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 5:38 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:
My new monitor is great, I can see everything now eye crazy

Only problem it is, it came in a big box marked GAMING MONITOR and covered in explosion graphics, so the DPD bloke now thinks I'm a waster who's whiling the shutdown away with shoot-em-ups.

Or Arcade adventures. 🕹
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 11:13 am

I've bought a little 7" tablet for listening to podcasts on, cos now I'm using my mobile phone for hotspotting all day, I'm afraid of wearing it out by also listening to podcasts all night.

It's filling up with electricity at the moment.

I now have a laptop, a desktop (in storage), two mobile phones, a big tablet and a little tablet.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 12:09 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:
I've bought a little 7" tablet

Little?

I find that very hard to swallow.

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 1:23 pm

Oh my goodness, it was so stressful setting it up. I had to download a new launcher to get the search bar off the screen, and it took me 2 hours to get the circle, square and Back buttons back.

And the Google podcast app doesn't work on it, so I have to use the browser killcomputer

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 3:06 pm

I'm very upset about the podcast thing. I specifically bought it to listen to podcasts on, and I can't do that in the way that I'm used to.

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 3:36 pm

And it's too small for the tablet holder I bought, which was SPECIFICALLY marked as suitable for 7" tablets.

killcomputer killcomputer killcomputer killcomputer killcomputer

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 5:09 pm

hug

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 7:19 am

I managed to find a different podcast app, which has been working OK so far.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 9:29 am

happy

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 9:06 am

That podcast app (AntennaPod) turned out to be really good, much better than Google Podcasts.

Yesterday I got a 4 terabyte backup drive to use with my laptop. It worked well once I stopped trying to run it off the same USB hub as my 2 terabyte video library drive.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 9:24 am

happy

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 6:17 pm

Today I bought a case for my mini tablet, and a USB C to USB A adaptor so I can use all 3 USB ports on my laptop.

Also a powered USB hub to solve the 'two drives, one port' problem.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 9:41 pm

I can’t email on my (relatively) new iPad. There’s no obvious way to start writing a new email. I can reply to one’s I’ve been sent, that’s easy. But typing a new one from the start, no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...   The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ... Empty

Back to top Go down

The latest computery technical gadgety thingy you bought ...
Page 1 of 1