The neighbours - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The New Hall of the Wendigo

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The neighbours

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Nightjar

Nightjar

The neighbours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The neighbours   The neighbours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 8:15 pm

As a rule I don't lend my neighbours money. shifty

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The neighbours   The neighbours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 8:21 pm

Although, when I went out earlier, I noticed that some work-shy shite had just dumped a load of packages at the foot of the door at the bottom of the communal stairwell.

Two packages for No.18 (my very lovely, properly next-door neighbours), one for No.19 (a floor up, not quite so lovely) and two for No.22 (a quite nice family 2 floors up).

Everyone was grateful and there was lots of mutual 'tut-tutting' about the whole affair.

I left each domicile glowing with neighbourly righteousness. yes

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The neighbours   The neighbours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 8:29 pm

happy

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The neighbours   The neighbours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 8:29 pm

I shall give you positive karma on their behalf.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The neighbours   The neighbours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 8:33 pm

Nightjar wrote:
As a rule I don't lend my neighbours money. shifty

I didn’t lend her money. She owes me because she damaged something of mine on the hall table, and said she’d cover the loss - which she hasn’t, over a year later, despite my asking twice.

If I’d lent her money, I’d have lent it so she could have the corrective surgery required for her eyelids to be broadly symmetrical instead of what the butcher she went to did to her.

It’s like opening the door to a half melted, blonde Jackie Stallone.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The neighbours   The neighbours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 9:02 pm

As a rule I don't tend to let my neighbours have access to things on my hall table. shifty

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The neighbours   The neighbours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 9:35 pm

Nightjar wrote:
As a rule I don't tend to let my neighbours have access to things on my hall table. shifty

That’s because the only people who visit you are resting peacefully on Hampstead Heath within an hour of their last sip of whatever you’ve given them.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The neighbours   The neighbours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 9:40 pm

Elucidate.

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The neighbours   The neighbours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 11:35 pm

I’ve had enough lucidity this week.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The neighbours   The neighbours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2024 7:48 pm

My mother has a neighbour who’s always annoyed me. Very bolshy, loud. Lucky basically - loadsamoney, husband several grades better looking than she is, eight holidays a year.

She’s one of these bootstraps ‘I’ve worked hard’ types. At what, who knows, never full time or beyond 40. As my uncle said ‘she’s played her hoop well’, and that’s probably it.

She really offended me in June 2012, without meaning to, and oblivious. Anyway, I thought my anger would fade but it hasn’t. If I was younger I’d put bricks through the b*tches windows.

Is 11 years and 11 months too late to say anything? I see her roughly once a month, busying about, shouting hello in a voice that could shatter glass. I think the time has come.

I suppose my main concern is that she’s so oblivious her reaction won’t be shame or sorrow but ‘what’s your problem?’ and then I’ll really go for her. Which is why I didn’t to start with.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The neighbours   The neighbours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2024 8:00 pm

Personally, I'd take the view that, after 12 years , it's not worth the bother, but only you can know whether it'd make you feel better.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The neighbours   The neighbours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2024 10:53 pm

You’re right, not worth the bother of explaining to her.

I shall, adopting complete obliviousness, in a friendly tone, say something absolutely unforgivably horrible in passing - at a time of my choosing over the next year or two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The neighbours   The neighbours - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The neighbours
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3