The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 41 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

3 posters

Page 41 of 50 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 41 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Post by Nightjar Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:57 am

There are loads of bands who's names I've heard of and that I know have lots of fans but I've never listened to any of their stuff.

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 41 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:08 pm

Nightjar wrote:I'm going to go through them and say why they should, could or cannot be chosen.

Van der Graaf Generator - too long

There's a track on there called 'Nutter Alert' happy

I think I quite liked the first Editors album, but I guess it was just a retread of Interpol. sad yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:16 pm

https://www.nme.com/list/20-indie-anthems-from-2005-that-should-never-be-forgotten-1171

Blimey, that was depressing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:23 pm

LCD Soundsystem self titled?

The National - Alligator?

Antony and the Johnsons getting some good reviews, and they won the Mercury Award, which is probably why they disappeared.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:23 pm

Perhaps we should make let Wendi trawl through the list and pick the Paul McCartney album one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:26 pm

I've already noted Chaos and thingy in the Backpassage came out in 2005.

I agree, I give up. yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:34 pm

AnyborkZ...

I nominate Owen Pallett for 7pm and the Thompson Twins for 8:30pm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:36 pm

Oh, no, instead of the TTs we should do that Rupert Hine album. doh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:39 pm

Did I mention I was half listening to Wings' Back to the Egg and it sounded alright.

I think I'll up my vote on that one by a ★. yes

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:39 pm

Back to the Egg doesn't seem to have a thread. dontpanic

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:39 pm

I'm sure it used to have a thread. dontpanic

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:43 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:54 pm

What the blimmin' 'eck is that!? dontpanic

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:26 pm

We've stumbled across an alternate dimension where the NHOTW is dark. dontpanic

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:04 pm

It usually does that when you do a google rummaging.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:28 pm

So what are we doing at 8:30?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:29 pm

Rupert HIne.

I think.

dunno

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:24 pm

I fancy doing that Silver Mount Zion one 2morrow, for reasons I expressed earlier.

Maybe something upbeat and bouncy to follow?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:29 pm

Fairport.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:39 pm

Is that bounce ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 50 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next