The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 43 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

3 posters

Page 43 of 50 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 46 ... 50  Next

Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 43 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:54 pm

Unless you really want to do PJ Harvey then Joni Mitchell.

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 43 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Post by Nightjar Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:55 pm

Nope.

We could do that tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:55 pm

Or ButtonZ'z supposably Blues night?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:13 pm

Tomorrow it's either PJ Harvey and Joni Mitchell.

Or ButtonZ'z 'blues' evening.

B.B. King ain't jazz BTW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:41 pm

Nightjar wrote:

B.B. King ain't jazz BTW.

Sorry, but I was dragged brought up listening to Howlin' Wolf and Muddy Waters, so add a brass section and the occasional Augmented ninth chord…

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:03 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2005_albums

I've just worked out how to see what albums that came out in 2005 I bought, let's have a quick mooch…

hmm It all sounds the bloomin' same these days. shifty

Ye oldé post-rock

Gorilla No

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:13 pm

Never 'eard o' anyo' 'em.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:22 pm

I might've if they'd spelt their names properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:59 pm

Let's have a laydees nite tomorro, Let's have a blue Monday, King, B.B. and White Stripes.

And a weekend of clearing up the backlog suggestions clogging up our lives. yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:06 pm

I haz decided, Happy Saturday,

7pm Kim Wilde - Catch as Catch Can (1983)
8:30pm Lonnie Donegan ‎– Showcase (1956)

Depressing Sunday Nite, bath nite waiting for work/school to come around on Monday morning :(

7pm The Beach Boys - Surf's Up (1971)
8:30pm Burl Ives - Return of the Wayfaring Stranger (1949/1950).

Tuesday, Sophie at 7pm, dunno dunno about anything after that.

Actually, yes I do. for Tuesday 8:30 I have my Final suggestion for the Final Ginger Tuesday…

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 43 7f2bfa10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:13 pm

I'm not being too forceful am I? shifty

When are we going to do the end of Lockdown special anyway? When the pubs open? :cheers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:42 pm

Perhaps that's a good watershed point to scale the whole thing back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:46 pm

My only suggestion for the running order of review is that Lonnie Donegan be at 7pm and Kim Wilde at the later time.

I feel that the raw, unreconstructed sound of skiffle will make for a jolly early evening aperitif and Wilde's synth-pop stylings are more suited to the twilight hour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:47 pm

I thought that, but the Ronnie Lonegan one is only short, 25 minutes or so, I didn't want to leave a huge gap between the two. sad yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:23 pm

Are we doing Kim Wilde at 7pm?

Or Donny?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:31 pm

I have not altered the Deal

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 43 Scree278

Prey I do not not alterer it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:11 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:
WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2005_albums

I've just worked out how to see what albums that came out in 2005 I bought, let's have a quick mooch…

Actually, I've just remembered what I liked in 2005, I was a couple of years late to the Electroclash party!

dance

International Deejay Gigolo Records FTW!

dance

ohrly

Oh, and Peaches

yes The Lady Gaga for the New-Coke generation, sad yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:42 pm

Basically, I don't want to do Surf's Up.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:52 pm

So, is it settled what we're doing next?

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:53 pm

Curtis Mayfield...

or

Todd Rundgren...

or

John Grant...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 50 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 46 ... 50  Next