The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 19 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

5 posters

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 19 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Post by Nightjar Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:06 pm

Crazy World?

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 19 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:04 pm

With the Alan Parson's project done and the Family album added, does that mean we've done all of the major PROG-sters?

hmm

I think we did Van Der Graaf Generator's Still Life on the old forum.

I think it's only Tangerine Dream, and we've done the big Krautrockers too... hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:07 pm

Wonder if we should do a Marillion album? hmn

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:22 pm

Strawbs? The Soft Machine? Renaissance? Rush? Camel?

Actually, have we done a Soft Machine one? Or am I getting them confused with the Soft Boys, again?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:25 pm

Have we done a Yes album? scared

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:47 pm

Yes.

Close to the Edge.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:48 pm

Maybe we could do their 1980 Drama album with ya man out of Buggles on vocals and keyboards?

Maybe we could do that one with Owner of Lonely Heart on it? I've not heard anything of their's past Going for the One.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:50 pm

I was going to suggest a Marillion album with that guy who isn't Fish in it, which is something I've been meaning to get around to for the last 30 years, but they all seem to go on for 3 weeks. And those singles on Top of the Pops were rotten.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:55 pm

type Camel sound like Prog by numbers.

We've not done Jade Warrior, who seem quite good, ambiently. Ooh, I know who we've not done,

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 19 A-305778-1559558460-8908.jpeg

Gryphon!
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:02 pm

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:Maybe we could do that one with Owner of Lonely Heart on it?

I bought that album from a charity shop a few years ago, expecting it all to be like Owner of a Lonely Heart, with those synth orchestra "stab" sounds and other 80s thrills, but most of it was just bland and generic guitar rock. sleepy
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:12 pm

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:

I think it's only Tangerine Dream, and we've done the big Krautrockers too... hmm

type

Can √
Neu! √
Amon Düül II √
Faust √
Harmonia
Ash Ra Tempel
Agitation Free
Guru Guru
Kraftwerk √
Tangerine Dream
Cluster √

hmm I've never heard of Agitation Free. Harmonia only did 2 albums so I'm counting them under Cluster/Neu! Colbert

Should we do Cluster, Kluster or Qluster?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:26 pm

We did Liliental as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:31 pm

Butterfield wrote:
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:Maybe we could do that one with Owner of Lonely Heart on it?

I bought that album from a charity shop a few years ago, expecting it all to be like Owner of a Lonely Heart, with those synth orchestra "stab" sounds and other 80s thrills, but most of it was just bland and generic guitar rock. sleepy

2/5
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:47 pm

Nightjar wrote:We did Liliental as well.

Nope, no recollection at all.

I think my memory's going, I hear that's what happens in your autumnal years.

The more I think about it, the more I think we did that exact Cluster album on the old forum hmn I think my memory's going, I hear that's what happens in your autumnal years.

That list I stole off Wikipedia didn't have Popol Vuh,  or Embryo thinking about it.

or Grobschnitt rock  

Even if they were more prog than Krautrock, ditto for Birth Control and Jane.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:58 pm

Did we do ever Tubliar Bells? shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:29 pm

I don't think so.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:29 pm

I considered us doing one of his more modern albums but it was hours and hours long, so I decided not to.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:05 pm

I've heard some people prefer Toobler Bells II to I, hmn

I've not heard anything of his past Ommadawn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:10 am

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:I've heard some people prefer Toobler Bells II to I, hmn

I am one such box

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:07 am

I like Ommadawn best. box

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next