Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The New Hall of the Wendigo

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.

Go down 
+4
Fangirl Three
Zarniwoop
The Call of the Wendigo
Nightjar
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
AuthorMessage
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2023 6:27 am

I've never heard it, but I've got an idea of what the words are thanks to a D&D-based parody version I read in Dragon magazine once.

'Wastin' away again in Menzobarranzan...'

Nightjar

Nightjar

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2023 12:27 pm

It's very very famous in America.

A kitch Boomer classic.

I've never heard it either, but it turns up in various excessively Americanised music quizzes on on Sporcle.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2023 12:28 pm

I think he's famous for a song called "Cheeseburger in Paradise" as well.

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2023 1:14 pm

Nightjar wrote:
I think he's famous for a song called "Cheeseburger in Paradise" as well.

Yes, I read about that yesterday. Some of his song titles were a little on the... naff/bawdy side.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2023 1:19 pm

Some of his albums are borderline parody.

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 220px-Buffetalbum

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 220px-Somewhere_over_China

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 220px-One_Particular_Harbour

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 220px-Last_Mango_in_Paris

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 220px-Floridays

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 220px-Hot_Water_%28album%29

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 220px-Christmas_Island_%28album%29

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 220px-Al_carnival

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 220px-Jimmy_buffet
Back to top Go down
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2023 1:25 pm

Which one do you want to do for the album listening party?

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2023 1:32 pm

It's already on its way!! Excited
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2023 1:43 pm

Excited

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2023 7:03 pm

gasp

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2023 7:55 pm

I only read last night that his chances weren't good. I don't know his name but I remember Smash Mouth being around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2023 8:08 pm

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 10:36 am

Gary Wright of Spooky Tooth, I'm sure we all remember that album we did, and err… this, which I've never heard before:

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 11:02 am

It's the Curse of the Running Commentaries threads. scared

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 1:17 pm

Joe Fagin, of "That's Livin' Alright" Auf Wiedersehen, Pet fame has died aged 83.

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 0_ARP_CHP_050923Joe-Fagin_10418JPG

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-auf-wiedersehen-pet-legend-30871972
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 1:19 pm

Whenever I hear that song it makes me feel really nostalgic. I'm sure I remember singing it as a young child.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 1:22 pm

type

Relax would have been number 1 when That's Livin' Alright reached number 3, which I also remember naively singing as a child, followed 99 Red Balloons which I remember singing to myself in the queue in our local Fine Fare supermarket. happy
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2023 11:03 pm

Yarwood is gone.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/sep/08/tv-comedian-and-impersonator-mike-yarwood-dies-aged-82

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2023 11:07 pm

Betty.

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2023 6:22 am

Oh come on, I was convinced Yarwood drank himself to death circa 1982. How dare he live another 41 years.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2023 8:58 am

He's definitely in the, "But I thought he died decades ago," camp. yes

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2. - Page 46 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 2.
Page 46 of 50Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next