The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The New Hall of the Wendigo

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nightjar

Nightjar

The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop Empty
PostSubject: The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop   The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 8:44 pm

Hafilax (who seem to have produced just about the most consistently irritating adverts for about 20 years-or-so) have really embraced, as a sort of brand anthem, the Oasis song "Stand By Me".

All versions - album release, greatest hits release, 7" vinyl release, CD single remixed by Jason Derulo, MTV 'Unplugged' version etc etc...

Anyway, in all versions in advert versions, there is that 'dramatic' guitar break.

Every time I hear it a small piece of me dies inside.

What's it ripped off from exactly?

It was probably quite good once.

Now, it's neurotoxic poison.

2:09.

I bet they were slapping each other on the backs for weeks after Grassy-Noel came up with that.

Last edited by Nightjar on Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop   The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 8:46 pm

It's even got a title directly ripped off of another famous song FFS.

Like calling a song "Billie Jean" and including the entire intro to "Baba ohrly".

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop   The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 8:51 pm

This thread is a full-tilt h8 zone BTW. Demon

No namby-pambying.

Like a reverse version of the 'crundle-reverberating' or epic chord/key change threads.

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop   The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 8:53 pm

Nightjar wrote:

What's it ripped off from exactly?

2:09.

All the Young Dudes?

Last edited by The Call of the Wendigo on Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop   The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 8:54 pm

More importantly - scholarly even - it can serve as a cathartic basin for moments in songs where a wonderful song goes suddenly, horribly wrong.

Or at least where a good song momentarily goes catastrophically wrong before going all good again.

But you can't completely forget that it went catastrophically wrong for a moment.

Last edited by Nightjar on Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop   The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 8:55 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
All the Young Dudes?

This is the correct answer.

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop   The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 8:58 pm

I can't think of any now. bawl

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop   The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2022 6:37 am

I've noticed that whenever I hear a Beatles album track that I haven't heard before, it always sounds like Oasis.

Rain for example.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop   The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The most perpetuitously pitiful, pathetic points in pop
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The New Hall of the Wendigo :: Arts and Entertainment :: StevieBachyButtonBaby's World of Music-
Jump to: