What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

What's happening in your life? Part 3

Go down 
+5
Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff
Nightjar
cosmictanya
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
NDN1984

NDN1984

What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2024 10:41 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
Welcome back, NDN. wave

Thank you smile Tell you one thing, been so good to return as a normal citizen since March.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2024 10:42 pm

wave

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 12:10 am

Well done for the votes you did get. That's more than a lot of candidates get.

What was the results/declaration night like? I only found out a couple of elections ago that the candidates get told the results before it's announced publicly on stage. Are you told individually or in a group? It kind of spoilt results night for me a bit that candidates already know the results when they go up onto the stage!
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 2:35 pm

Quite tired out. No sooner had I put Butterfield right than I heard a car horn and screeching tyres, and saw what I thought was a dog lying in the road. I rushed down the stairs, only to find it was a plastic bag arranged in a sort of 3D fashion.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 2:45 pm

cosmictanya wrote:
No sooner had I put Butterfield right

You haven't "put me right"; quite far from it. You've simply taken my mere personal observation - which I stand by - to silly levels. But that's not unexpected. I'm happy for you to disagree with me - we have all led different lives and have different memories and experiences.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 2:45 pm

Butterfield wrote:
cosmictanya wrote:
No sooner had I put Butterfield right

You haven't "put me right"; quite far from it. You've simply taken my mere personal observation - which I stand by - to silly levels. But that's not unexpected. I'm happy for you to disagree with me - we have all led different lives and have different memories and experiences.

No, I did.

You’re being very silly.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 2:50 pm

Thanks. I'll remember that when we next have to hear about your delightful lusts over Rishi Sunak and Anthony Scaramucci.

We're just here for a bit of personal observation, a bit of fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 2:53 pm

hide

NDN1984

NDN1984

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 2:57 pm

Butterfield wrote:

What was the results/declaration night like? I only found out a couple of elections ago that the candidates get told the results before it's announced publicly on stage. Are you told individually or in a group? It kind of spoilt results night for me a bit that candidates already know the results when they go up onto the stage!

Thank you. I was the second lowest out of all candidates that stood in the five Bristol constituencies, and third lowest counting neighbouring areas. The count was done in council wards, then all votes aggregated. I did better in one area without putting a leaflet out! My own area which I stood for in the locals, I didn't get many votes. Oddly enough, one of the more "progressive" areas of the constituency, I got a fair few votes in. As candidate / agent, we have to go through spoiled papers. Most are blanks, offensive language and one with a drawing of male genetalia. Two got contested, as they were genuine votes for the Green candidate in my eyes. The Green, Lib Dem (it was only the candidate who is also my local councillor and a candidate in another constituency), Reform delegations were really friendly. Their candidates were top notch. I didn't see the Tory woman much, but she was very likeable. Labour who won the seat have a lovely candidate / MP, but her delegation was very closed off. My Labour days long behind me. I was only a solo delegate, and was watching the count for another candidate for my party (she got 555 votes with no campaign!). I spoke with a few Green councillors in the city. A friendly and polite Sudanese man who is a councillor in the centre of the city I liked a lot. I'm sure one (who had to be mid-late 20s) fancied me wink I guess he wanted an older man lol.

Yes, the results are known beforehand in this and local elections. The results are preliminary as there can be a margin of error of a few votes. I think the two contested Green votes were added to the final tally, but it made no impact on the result (18k Lab, 10k Green, 7k Reform etc). We weren't on stage oddly enough. Only the winner. I stayed for her speech, but she has got a lot to do and needs to stop being complacent. I had a hug off the Green candidate. I might not agree with her party and (most) her politics, but she's a relatable candidate and I wanted her to win as she's likeable and intelligent. The Reform guy would have a great winner too. The Lib Dem was chanceless, and he's a great guy who does a good job round here. I think what took the shine off our count was, we had a high profile one in the same venue with Bristol Central which the Greens beat Labour. Press galore. It was like a film premiere! I'd like to do it again, but I am looking at a new area to try locally. Probably two which we did well in and fit the profile of my party (working-class, low income, fed up with the main parties). The result didn't matter to me. It was the experience. I did one hustings (which I was nervous af) and put out over 2000 leaflets - spending less than £70 overall!
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 3:18 pm

Butterfield wrote:
Thanks. I'll remember that when we next have to hear about your delightful lusts over Rishi Sunak and Anthony Scaramucci.

We're just here for a bit of personal observation, a bit of fun.

Do or don’t. I won’t take you to task for it the way you do. Yes, we includes me. You won’t find me sl*t shaming you for any Macron related matter, for instance. I know I can be a cow but you can be really priggish sometimes.

Last edited by cosmictanya on Thu Aug 01, 2024 3:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 3:22 pm

NDN1984 wrote:
Butterfield wrote:

Thank you. I was the second lowest out of all candidates that stood in the five Bristol constituencies, and third lowest counting neighbouring areas. The count was done in council wards, then all votes aggregated. I did better in one area without putting a leaflet out! My own area which I stood for in the locals, I didn't get many votes. Oddly enough, one of the more "progressive" areas of the constituency, I got a fair few votes in. As candidate / agent, we have to go through spoiled papers. Most are blanks, offensive language and one with a drawing of male genetalia. Two got contested, as they were genuine votes for the Green candidate in my eyes. The Green, Lib Dem (it was only the candidate who is also my local councillor and a candidate in another constituency), Reform delegations were really friendly. Their candidates were top notch. I didn't see the Tory woman much, but she was very likeable. Labour who won the seat have a lovely candidate / MP, but her delegation was very closed off. My Labour days long behind me. I was only a solo delegate, and was watching the count for another candidate for my party (she got 555 votes with no campaign!). I spoke with a few Green councillors in the city. A friendly and polite Sudanese man who is a councillor in the centre of the city I liked a lot. I'm sure one (who had to be mid-late 20s) fancied me wink I guess he wanted an older man lol.

Yes, the results are known beforehand in this and local elections. The results are preliminary as there can be a margin of error of a few votes. I think the two contested Green votes were added to the final tally, but it made no impact on the result (18k Lab, 10k Green, 7k Reform etc). We weren't on stage oddly enough. Only the winner. I stayed for her speech, but she has got a lot to do and needs to stop being complacent. I had a hug off the Green candidate. I might not agree with her party and (most) her politics, but she's a relatable candidate and I wanted her to win as she's likeable and intelligent. The Reform guy would have a great winner too. The Lib Dem was chanceless, and he's a great guy who does a good job round here. I think what took the shine off our count was, we had a high profile one and the same venue with Bristol Central which the Greens beat Labour. Press galore. It was like a film premiere! I'd like to do it again, but I am looking at a new area to try locally. Probably two which we did well in and fit the profile of my party (working-class, low income, fed up with the main parties). The result didn't matter to me. It was the experience. I did one hustings (which I was nervous af) and put out over 2000 leaflets - spending less than £70 overall!

Sounds like an interesting experience. Glad it hasn’t put you off. Onwards and upwards.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 4:02 pm

That's all very interesting, and highly positive. It's nice that most of you as candidates got on with each other despite your differences. It must be exciting to be part of it, I always like watching the various declarations on the night - though, and I don't want to get too political, some this time got a bit... heated!
Back to top Go down
NDN1984

NDN1984

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 4:11 pm

Butterfield wrote:
That's all very interesting, and highly positive. It's nice that most of you as candidates got on with each other despite your differences. It must be exciting to be part of it, I always like watching the various declarations on the night - though, and I don't want to get too political, some this time got a bit... heated!

Thank you. It was a positive experience, and the best election campaign I have ever worked on and been involved. Luckily none of that heated stuff! Even observing the other count (Bristol East, I didn't bother with Central as we didn't put an entry up there), no hard-feelings from any side and civil.
Back to top Go down
Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2024 3:29 pm

If I am bored I play Solitaire on my computer, as of today I have played over 34,000 games with a win percentage of 70%.

My computer has just for some unknown reason set everything back to zero....Argghhhh.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2024 3:49 pm

pet

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2024 4:15 pm

bawl

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2024 4:43 pm

Remember how happy he was when he retired? sad yes

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2024 4:45 pm

He's been well bored since then for 34,000 games.

yes

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2024 5:14 pm

Do you have a backup of data file?

type Possibly:

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Microsoft Games\[Game]

NDN1984

NDN1984

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 EmptySat Aug 03, 2024 10:24 pm

As I was writing the post about my GE experience; the family has had news we don't want to hear. My ten year old nephew isn't very well, and it's the worst news any parent / relative can get. I hope he's better soon, and they'll sort it ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 3
Page 30 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next