Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.

Go down 
+3
Nightjar
Butterfield
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Butterfield

Butterfield

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 12:15 am

What a Face

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 Mqdefault
Back to top Go down

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 8:10 am

Nightjar wrote:
John Mayall has died.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/article/2024/jul/23/john-mayall-blues-dies

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 Img_0023

Grundig pick

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 28, 2024 2:40 pm

bawl

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 28, 2024 2:41 pm

gasp
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 28, 2024 2:49 pm

I always liked her character. She was more dithery and a bit wet compared with other typical soap matriarchs, but highly likable.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 28, 2024 4:48 pm

That’s about the time I stopped watching.

I’m only sorry she had to see her screen daughter turn into a raging fascist. That can’t have been fun in her last months. God love Janet Andrewartha. Free at last from witnessing the transformation of Melbourne’s own Holly Valance into the Eva Braun of Knightsbridge.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 28, 2024 4:55 pm

It looks like they were still friends, judging by this recent picture.

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 159f305f976bf62ea8ffe8555d4ffb7b
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 28, 2024 7:00 pm

‘Friends’ in showbiz terms = ‘trying to delay her killing me’. Looks like a hostage situation to me. Janet isn’t drinking because she knows it’s poisoned. Poor woman. It’s not what you want for a kid you once knew.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 28, 2024 8:27 pm

Anyway, I wish I didn’t know this. I’m gearing up to go to bed. Nobody deserves a child or young person they’ve spent time with to become a monster, even if they are just showbiz ‘friends’. This will haunt me tonight. Poor woman. In her last years she knew this. At least she’s at peace now.
Back to top Go down
Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 28, 2024 10:01 pm

Err, I don't know if this should go in the "Shock you" thread, or perhaps a "Thread of shame" if one existed...but

Who dat???

Not Janet, obviously..
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 28, 2024 10:10 pm

The woman with her? Holly Valance.

Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 28, 2024 10:12 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
The woman with her? Holly Valance.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 28, 2024 10:53 pm

I'm with CT.

The shame is as indelible as it is irredeemable - the connotations damned.

Once you've politically gone down that road - especially as far as 'that' - you've burnt every bridge ever built.

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 5TyJSYI

I'm not sure how I could reconcile that with anyone.

I'm not sure how I wouldn't be able to firebomb their face.

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2024 3:08 am

gasp

Quote :
The Gladiators referee who said the iconic line "Gladiators ready! Contenders ready!" has died at the age of 92, the TV show said.

John Anderson was best known as the umpire in the original ITV show, which aired between 1992 and 2000, and the revamped Sky series in 2008.

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 Skynews-john-anderson-gladiators_6641685
https://news.sky.com/story/gladiators-ready-contenders-ready-iconic-gladiators-referee-john-anderson-dies-13186548
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2024 3:09 am

I knew he wasn't exactly young - even at the time - but I didn't realise he'd have been 92.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 10, 2024 5:49 pm

Susan Wojcicki!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c75nwnvvqr1o

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2024 1:55 pm

This Graham Thorpe story isn't getting any more cheerful. pale

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 17, 2024 2:25 pm

Charles Blackwell, 84, record producer and arranger, including What's New Pussycat and Release Me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Blackwell_(music_arranger)

Quote :
He wrote the music and lyrics for the 1962 UK chart-topper "Come Outside" recorded by Mike Sarne and Wendy Richards.

Also in 1962 he was musical director for a Jimmy Savile song "Ahab the Arab". It was released by Decca records on their label.

What a Face

Quote :
In the 1990s, he co-wrote a number of hits in Europe for David Hasselhoff.

What a Face

Quote :
He was later commissioned by the European Parliament to orchestrate and conduct the Anthem of Europe ("Ode to Joy" by Beethoven) with a 70-man orchestra, for a new recording that is played at every parliamentary sitting.

What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 17, 2024 3:08 pm

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 MS0xOTk2LmpwZWc

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 17, 2024 3:34 pm

I wonder what the official worst thing about that is, according the chart of outrage: the fact it's Jimmy Savile or the fact it's cultural appropriation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.   Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3. - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Re: Recent deaths of people who don't need their own threads Part 3.
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next