The, "I have a question," thread - Page 13 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The, "I have a question," thread

Go down 
+3
Nightjar
Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Butterfield

Butterfield

The, "I have a question," thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2024 1:35 pm

So, such things do exist! A karma-like for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2024 1:36 pm

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:
https://www.discogs.com/release/494173-Various-Four-Years-In-30-Seconds-A-Collection-Of-Music-From-Around-The-World

Each copy comes with this lovely little insert:

Quote :
"This record is a collection of 30 second pieces. Anybody timing each track and writing in to tell me that they don't all last exactly 30 seconds, should consider using their time a little more creatively. Don't bother, I won't write back. On the other hand, (bearing in mind that this has finally seen the light of day after four years of planning), any congratulations or praise should be heaped on to a large silver spoon and sent to the address below. If this is the case, a smug but courteous reply will undoubtedly come your way.

If you're reading this in the year 2003 and you've just bought the record from a second-hand scum dealer at a vastly inflated price, don't worry - we've all done it. Besides, it's now yours to show your friends, and it's kind of reassuring to know that such shops still exist. Just think yourself lucky that this insert is still in the record at all!"

Steve Pittis, Dirter Promotions. July 1997.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2024 1:37 pm

Nightjar wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commercial_Album

The track timings actually made me laugh. Though it seems Wikipedia editors are being a bit pedantic.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2024 1:39 pm

Quote :
The album contains 40 songs, each lasting exactly one minute - a deliberate allusion to Top 40 mainstream radio. The album's liner notes state that, to form a complete pop song, tracks from the album should be played three times in a row.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2024 1:40 pm

If anybody wants to create a playlist for any of these..... 🐜
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2024 1:47 pm

Butterfield wrote:
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:
https://www.discogs.com/release/494173-Various-Four-Years-In-30-Seconds-A-Collection-Of-Music-From-Around-The-World

Each copy comes with this lovely little insert:

Quote :
"This record is a collection of 30 second pieces. Anybody timing each track and writing in to tell me that they don't all last exactly 30 seconds, should consider using their time a little more creatively. Don't bother, I won't write back. On the other hand, (bearing in mind that this has finally seen the light of day after four years of planning), any congratulations or praise should be heaped on to a large silver spoon and sent to the address below. If this is the case, a smug but courteous reply will undoubtedly come your way.

If you're reading this in the year 2003 and you've just bought the record from a second-hand scum dealer at a vastly inflated price, don't worry - we've all done it. Besides, it's now yours to show your friends, and it's kind of reassuring to know that such shops still exist. Just think yourself lucky that this insert is still in the record at all!"

Steve Pittis, Dirter Promotions. July 1997.

That sounds like it was written by Nightjar himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The, "I have a question," thread   The, "I have a question," thread - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The, "I have a question," thread
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13