Butterfield
flibbington2.0
The Call of the Wendigo
Nik
Fangirl Three
9 posters

Page 15 of 38 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 38  Next

Go down

The all-new all things driving thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The all-new all things driving thread

Post by Fangirl Three Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:39 am

I shall make that my mantra today.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

The all-new all things driving thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The all-new all things driving thread

Post by Fangirl Three Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:35 pm

That went quite well. Driving a van is a bit like riding a bike, you remember how to do it as soon as you get back in/on.

I am currently at a Lancashire Premier Inn ready for part 2 of the journey tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:07 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:That went quite well. Driving a van is a bit like riding a bike, you remember how to do it as soon as you get back in/on.

I am currently at a Lancashire Premier Inn ready for part 2 of the journey tomorrow.

What a strange coincidence that you should say so.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:55 am

Driving into Sandbach services I was about to enter the car park via the lane to the left of the drive-through arch here

when a car came along it in the other direction, waved negligently at me to thank me for waiting, and went past me and onto the sliproad!

Then they did a U-turn onto the carriageway!

I didn't stop at the services after that, I drove right through and went to Knutsford instead, I was so unnerved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:37 pm

Oh my.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:16 am

It was the most dangerous low-speed manoeuvre I've ever seen on a motorway.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:13 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:Driving into Sandbach services I was about to enter the car park via the lane to the left of the drive-through arch here

when a car came along it in the other direction, waved negligently at me to thank me for waiting, and went past me and onto the sliproad!

Then they did a U-turn onto the carriageway!

I didn't stop at the services after that, I drove right through and went to Knutsford instead, I was so unnerved.

Ah. I did wonder why you didn't just follow me out the U turn way.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:23 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:I see the Shell garage on the satellite roundabout has a little amenities building at the back. We could stop one day for a Costa coffee and some NHOTW talk gossip

I stopped there this lunchtime to use the toilets, which were very clean. And I felt obliged to get a Costa Express coffee as a symbolic gesture.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:26 pm

The thing with clean public toilets of that type is that they never actually smell clean. They just smell like industrial quantities of bleach and other scented chemicals have been sloshed around to mask the horror.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:08 am

These also looked clean. And there wasn't loads of unspooled toilet paper lying on the floor or any of that nonsense.

The hand dryers didn't work though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:28 am

When I saw the JJ72 - JJ72 (2000) thread, I hoped for a moment it was about J72 of the A1/A1(M).

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:44 am

I'm driving to Warrington today for an impromptu 2 night stop on my way back to Glasgow. I was going to go tomorrow, but my brother's ill and wants to come today and stay in my parents' guest room, where I would otherwise have been resident tonight.

I don't mind though. Perhaps the extra night in Warrington will mean I have a 24-hour Merseyside magic realist experience.

And on the way I can look out for those North Wales signs at Wolverhampton that Butters mentioned Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:54 am

It maybe on the Bankside of the Mersey, but it is not Merseyside  Demon

Fangirl Three wrote:When I saw the JJ72 - JJ72 (2000) thread, I hoped for a moment it was about J72 of the A1/A1(M).

Oh, that would have been much better wouldn't it?

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:12 pm

I am so fed up with getting held up on the M6 that I nearly switched my next journey north to the eastern route via the A1(M).

But then I realised from Google maps that the queues before and after each junction, which have been plaguing me from J8 to J19 on recent trips, are mainly a feature of Friday afternoons, which is usually when I travel.

But my next trip north will be on a Tuesday. So I'll stick to the M6 this time.

I was secretly relieved because the service areas are a long way apart on the A1(M), 40-60 miles. And they're not very big and consequently always full of bad-tempered people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarniwoop Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:14 pm

Have we got a favourite Motorway junction thread?
Zarniwoop
Zarniwoop

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:27 pm

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarniwoop Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:19 pm

Excited
I will post in it tomorrow...I am too tired to post now.
Apart from what I just posted.
Zarniwoop
Zarniwoop

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:49 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:I am so fed up with getting held up on the M6 that I nearly switched my next journey north to the eastern route via the A1(M).

But then I realised from Google maps that the queues before and after each junction, which have been plaguing me from J8 to J19 on recent trips, are mainly a feature of Friday afternoons, which is usually when I travel.

But my next trip north will be on a Tuesday. So I'll stick to the M6 this time.

I was secretly relieved because the service areas are a long way apart on the A1(M), 40-60 miles. And they're not very big and consequently always full of bad-tempered people.

Have you got a weak bladder? That's about half an hour drive time. If anything, that seems like an embarrassing excess of over provision by the A1(M).
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:07 pm

I don't like crowded toilets Colbert

I don't like public toilets at all to be honest. I stopped at Southwaite the other day and my car keys fell out of my jacket pocket and slid into the next cubicle. God it was awkward.

I got them back though.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:18 pm

Public toilets are invariably vile. Especially the ones that pretend not to be, with the Glade air fresheners perched around the place. There's an honesty, if nothing else, about a hole in the floor splattered with sh*t and blood and shimmering with p*ss.

Perhaps we should simply move away from public toilets, and go back to hiding in the bushes. The only exception to the rule is nightclub toilets - they are often more fun than the rest of the club. Places of exchange, where friendships are formed.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 38 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 38  Next