The all-new all things driving thread - Page 38 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The all-new all things driving thread

Go down 
+5
Butterfield
flibbington2.0
The Call of the Wendigo
Nik
Fangirl Three
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38
AuthorMessage
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

The all-new all things driving thread - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 38 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2024 5:17 pm

cosmictanya wrote:
You definitely can’t be going round with an ‘bush excessively worn’.

🌳

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 38 EmptySun Aug 11, 2024 6:32 am

Fangirl Three wrote:

Earlier I'd tried out that Morrisons that's really close to junction 48 of the A1(M). There's even a sign at the junction:

Never seen the petrol-toilet-cafe pictograms on a Superstore sign before.

I noticed another one at J10 of the M8. Also pointing to a Morrisons.

Driving south again today. Perhaps I'll stop at Boroughbridge again, perhaps I'll try the old M61/M60/Congleton sidestep of the busiest bits of the M6.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 38 EmptySun Aug 11, 2024 7:39 am

Oh. Red roses in landscaping? I thought Yorkshire was white rose territory. Did nobody tell the council?

I despise red roses. I’ve got a mind to email them, suggesting they rip those out and send them to Lancashire.

White roses look much better, and Google confirms Boroughbridge as being in North Yorkshire. Shocking.

Are they even roses? There’s a white rose symbol lurking behind the offence. What were they thinking?
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2024 8:25 am

Lovely weather, but an awful journey. Most of the service areas were seething pits of beeping horns and bad temper.

Also it took 10.5 hours, because I had to keep stopping to rest my left leg, which was aching from having nothing to do.

The only bits I enjoyed were the summer morning on the A69, and the beautiful mellow evening sunlight as I drove the last 20 miles across the Essex countryside.

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2024 8:26 am

I was on a road btw, I didn't literally drive across the countryside, through barns with all chickens clucking and feathers flying.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2024 8:33 am

Fangirl Three wrote:
I was on a road btw, I didn't literally drive across the countryside, through barns with all chickens clucking and feathers flying.

You never can tell what people will do.

A friend of mine once insisted we take a shortcut through farmland in Sussex. I said it wasn’t a good idea and warned that if we got stuck, she’d be the one getting out to push while I’d transfer to the drivers seat. We didn’t get stuck but the shortcut took nearly an hour longer than the proper route and we arrived at the funeral half way through. There was an awful lot of reversing going on.
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 38 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2024 9:30 am

Driving north again today. I'm not staying at Darlington any more, because they gave me a crap room last time. Instead I'm going all the way to Dumfries. The M62/A664/M66/M65 trans-Pennine shuffle is a possibility on my dance card.

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2024 7:02 am

Ooh, what an awful journey yesterday. Including an unscheduled tour of Manchester's satellite towns. I accidentally drove into Burnley town centre and had to flee.

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2024 7:03 am

It was like driving through Final Score for Division Two in 1985.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2024 7:58 am

scared

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

The all-new all things driving thread
Page 38 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38