What do you think of Silly Love Songs? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

What do you think of Silly Love Songs?

Go down 
4 posters

Poll Question
I like 'em!
What do you think of Silly Love Songs? Vote_lcap0%What do you think of Silly Love Songs? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I hate them!
What do you think of Silly Love Songs? Vote_lcap0%What do you think of Silly Love Songs? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I like the good ones, I'm a selective lover.
What do you think of Silly Love Songs? Vote_lcap57%What do you think of Silly Love Songs? Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Can't we have songs about the Wankel Rotary motors or things like that?
What do you think of Silly Love Songs? Vote_lcap14%What do you think of Silly Love Songs? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Simple the better, I ain't got no time for anything no fancy pants complex themes or concepts
 0% [ 0 ]
"Extraordinary how potent cheap music is."
What do you think of Silly Love Songs? Vote_lcap14%What do you think of Silly Love Songs? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Is this in general or about that Wings song? The wording of the question is unclear?
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage

What do you think of Silly Love Songs? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of Silly Love Songs?   What do you think of Silly Love Songs? EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 10:41 am

Well?
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Silly Love Songs?   What do you think of Silly Love Songs? EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 11:25 am

I think the studio version of the Wings song of that name has had virtually all vigour produced out of it but the live version is positively magnificent and only serves to reinforce my belief that all Wings albums should have been recorded live.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Silly Love Songs?   What do you think of Silly Love Songs? EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 11:25 am

As for love songs in general, it depends on the song.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Silly Love Songs?   What do you think of Silly Love Songs? EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 12:08 pm

I've been listening to this a bit recently...

It makes me go all bounce

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Silly Love Songs?   What do you think of Silly Love Songs? EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 10:11 am

bounce

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Silly Love Songs?   What do you think of Silly Love Songs? EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 10:41 am

Depends. From the very first time I heard it I've loved Elton John's Sacrifice, have owned it in various formats, and played it without ever becoming dissatisfied. I particularly enjoy the twinkling repetition of the final minute.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Silly Love Songs?   What do you think of Silly Love Songs? EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 2:11 pm

I wish I could play Total Eclipse of the Heart right now. Especially the energetic fast build up near the end.

Or Roxette maybe. Anything but the stack of receipts, letters, emails, and piece de resistances I'm wading through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Silly Love Songs?   What do you think of Silly Love Songs? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 10:32 am

Silly or Stupid?

Void of anything new or original anyway.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Silly Love Songs?   What do you think of Silly Love Songs? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 4:34 pm

I'm not much of a Lady Gaga fan I must say. Her style is also somewhat derivative and at best only reflected trends of the time - I had a Finnish au pair who used to do that whole teacup and saucer in the street, Ziggy Stardust make up, modern dance incorporated into walking, thing off her own bat.

This is a love song imo...

Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Silly Love Songs?   What do you think of Silly Love Songs? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 4:40 pm

Apart from the hook of Bad Romance, the only lyric of hers I can remember is 'Alejandro, Ale Alejandro' and that's only because my best friend was sleeping with a guy called Alejandro at the time so we got a minicab driver to put it up to full volume when it came on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Silly Love Songs?   What do you think of Silly Love Songs? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 6:03 pm

Pokerface was alright even if the Mam ma main hook was taken off Boney M's Ma Baker, paparazzi and that one about the Disco Stick were alright, but I dunno she just seems be an act from the past.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Silly Love Songs?   What do you think of Silly Love Songs? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 6:38 pm

Oh yeah, paparazzi - that was quite good too.

Well, Nella was fab and my son loved her. I don't know how I'd have coped if she hadn't been around for the boring stuff. She still keeps in touch which is cute.

Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Silly Love Songs?   What do you think of Silly Love Songs? EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 7:19 pm

Yet another Bee-Gees masterpiece sublimely realised by Kenny and Dolly.

bounce

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Silly Love Songs?   What do you think of Silly Love Songs? EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 10:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Silly Love Songs?   What do you think of Silly Love Songs? EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 7:24 am

Lulu. blush

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Silly Love Songs?   What do you think of Silly Love Songs? EmptyMon May 22, 2023 4:21 pm

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Silly Love Songs?   What do you think of Silly Love Songs? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think of Silly Love Songs?
Page 1 of 1