The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The New Hall of the Wendigo

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
AuthorMessage

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 6:32 pm

10cc's Sheit Music?
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 6:36 pm

I'd be up for that. yes

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 6:36 pm

8 o'clock?

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 6:39 pm

I'll make the ones we've not done yet into sticky threads, until they've been tackled, so they'll be easier to spot on the subforum's main page.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 6:40 pm

10cc it is.

I was thinking about suggesting them the other day so it was my idea all along and therefore I'll get very upset if people don't like everything about it.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 6:41 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
I'll make the ones we've not done yet into sticky threads, until they've been tackled, so they'll be easier to spot on the subforum's main page.
Looking at it, I can't work out how to do it. shifty

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 6:43 pm

I have worked out how to do it.

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 6:47 pm

I thought a couple of those had been err.. hashtagCancelled?
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 6:49 pm

They have but I'm not sure if they're permanently cancelled or just postponed.

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 8:56 pm

Sparks album? Maybe the one after Kimono my House?

Whatever that one is?

How about a Brian Eno album, Taking Tiger Mountain by Strategy? Or maybe a Roxy Music one, maybe the first one without Eno on it, I've not heard that one, but it's supposed to be good. dunno

Or are we being too 70s Rock orthodoxy?

I don't wanna do Stee oh, too late.

How about a Steeleye Span Record? Demon
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 9:08 pm

I know those Eno albums so well.

Massively overrated, all of them.

I'm guessing you know that too, BorkleZ?

If not then I'm game.

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 9:14 pm

I've got a massive box set of Eno LPs. smug

Wonder where I've put it? I think it's holding something up. Something structural.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 9:24 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:
How about a Steeleye Span Record? Demon

Yurp, no Anglo-Celtic folk-rock or downright folk yet.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 9:26 pm

If so then Fairport Convention's Full House is a frontrunner.

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 9:31 pm

That's an interesting PentAngle.

Not heard that one. Yes, let's DoooooOOOOOooo it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 9:32 pm

Actually, I have heard it, once. In about 1992. sad yes Someone played it to help me got to sleep in my cradle.

Twenty Eight I was blah blah
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 9:36 pm

My Auntie Sue went out with Bert Jansch.

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 9:50 pm

I did think that Cream's Disraeli Gears would be good, it's their Psych masterpieces, and everyone hates Eric Clapton, rightly, 'cause he's BORING, but I thought I could show people the way and the light with this 60s pop psychedelic classic.

I changed my mind.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 7:44 pm

Can anyone find a complete Youtube playlist of Dionne Warwick's LP "Heartbreaker".

I'd like to nominate it for nomination.

The only version I can see has deleted tracks all of the shop. bawl

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 7:50 pm

I can't find one. I've just checked on Daily Motion but they don't have it either.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 47 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!
Page 47 of 50Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next