The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next
AuthorMessage

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! Empty
PostSubject: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 9:40 pm

We'll do the Sugar2 on Wednesday then! Excited
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 10:23 pm

Don't you mean Sugar3s?

Regardless of the index, I'd like to commence at 7pm Wed, or is that too early for you sophisticated urban types?

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 10:28 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:
Don't you mean Sugar3s?

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 10:20 pm

I've been trying work out a strategy for listening to Joanna Newsom's 2010 album Have One On Me.

It's a triple album with long long songs all of which have densely, exquisitely rendered, complex lyrics and instrumentation.

Ultimately I'm prepared to do it on my own.

Ultimately everyone should listen to it.

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 9:21 pm

Right, that's me done. I've just launched all the running commentary threads I'll be launching for ages. box

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 6:11 pm

We doing one 2nite?
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 6:23 pm

My preference would be the Hawkwind one, if Zarniwoop is planning to take part.

Otherwise, we're due for one of mine, as we did one of yours and FanGirl's last night and one of Nightjar's the night before.

Therefore, the choice is from:

Graham Parker - The Up Escalator.
REM - Automatic for the People.
Supertramp - Breakfast in America.
Shakespears Sister - Hormonally Yours.
Paul McCartney - Driving Rain: Part One..
Elvis Costello - Imperial Bedroom.

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 6:25 pm

McC*tney!!
Unless Mr./Ms. Z gets back to us.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 6:29 pm

7 o'clock?

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 6:34 pm

sad yes
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 6:35 pm

As far as my ones lined up I'd say Nicky Hopkins, then Au Revoir Simone, then Steely Dan, then Joan Armourplating, then Stevie Wonder, then Ron & Rog'.

Or in any other order people'd prefer. yes

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 6:41 pm

Well it's at least three weeks until the end of lockdown special of Egyptian Stations so that's a few to get through…

Unless we get bored of the whole thing of course.

shifty
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 6:56 pm

Never! box

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 6:57 pm

Are we doing Paul McCartney - Driving Rain: Part One then?

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 7:34 pm

That was very short.

Should we do another?

Part 2 even?

At 8pm?

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 4:02 pm

What's on tonight?

Zarno (if he's about) can decide, or The Countess...

Then Me or StevBorkZ.

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 4:12 pm

I don't mind passing up my turn, as you all have similar tastes in music and it isn't often that something I've heard of is proposed.

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 5:19 pm

New album by Fiona Apple out today.

:meh:
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 5:37 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:
I don't mind passing up my turn, as you all have similar tastes in music and it isn't often that something I've heard of is proposed.

Did you not sort of recommend Can't Buy a Thrill last night?

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 5:38 pm

I thought you two did half of it last night?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! Empty

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!
Page 1 of 50Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next