Cars of distinction  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Cars of distinction

Go down 
+2
Nightjar
cosmictanya
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

Cars of distinction  Empty
PostSubject: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 6:19 pm

I've always loved these. I had an introverted and rather genteel piano playing neighbour who had a green one, the canopy part was green and white striped. As children we used to get her to drive us about in it, which she happily did. A lift to the park with a picnic on a sunny day, a trip down Regent Street to see the Christmas lights.

I think the menopause must've changed her significantly because I ended up having a screaming row with her as a teenager, when she falsely accused me of setting fire to her front door. That's the first time I went to a solicitor - an old guy who, for free, sent her a formal warning letter on my behalf. Carlton someone. I liked his logo.

Cars of distinction  83184-1974-citroen-2cv-6

I still can't see one without hearing Allo Allo style music and thinking of that vicious cow.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 6:27 pm

I've never been to Cuba. It would be nice to think that as engines become all clean and electric, we could just retrofit cars like this - and make more - so they can still be enjoyed (see also proper black cabs with suicide doors). I'd happily do so with my own car which is also a thing of beauty.

Cars of distinction  Havana-Cars-7_1600px_FI
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 6:41 pm

A shame the Camargue wasn't more popular. I think it's the best looking of the Rolls Royce range...

Cars of distinction  Exterieur_20181107_1477104988
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 6:50 pm

A little like a fish...

Cars of distinction  Buick-G54.jpg12
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 6:54 pm

Why don't we see custard coloured Mercedes anymore? They used to be a popular shade.

Cars of distinction  11351d1063030415-controversial-paint-scheme-part-2-280sel45web
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 6:55 pm

I am a passionate lover of the whitewall tyre. Mine are kept spic and span by being semi-vigorously cleaned with a toothbrush.

Last edited by cosmictanya on Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 6:57 pm

That custom Buick is vile.

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 6:59 pm

Vile or not it is distinctive, in keeping with the thread.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 7:13 pm

I've always liked browns, golds, and bronzes. It's a mystery to me why silver is so popular. I desperately miss my gold car which was written off through no fault of my own. I rarely sat in the back but it came with softly carpeted footrests, generous armrests, a magazine rack, and a decanter with two tumblers so it was always a treat to relax in the back (shoes off) when I was being driven. Also ideal for taking my grandparents on a day out, and to take my son to his first day at school. It met its end at the junction of a Croydon council estate.

Anyway, an attractive brownish bronze Maserati...

Cars of distinction  Brown_Maserati_Merak
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 7:21 pm

You don't see Robin Reliants anymore. I quite liked them. They added something to the gaiety of the nation.

Cars of distinction  1979-reliant-robin-steve-gass-canvas-print
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 7:24 pm

Interesting adaption...

Cars of distinction  Article-2156474-1381C90E000005DC-298_634x402

Cars of distinction  5d9c89e8bf0090d07f27e39dd5805988--robins-bug
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 7:26 pm

Is that a Merak?

Cool as it obviously looks, it's the least attractive car Maserati made in the '70s.

The Bora and Ghibli made it look like a Fiat Multipla.

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 7:36 pm

I've always been terrified of American hearses. The thought of being in the back of one with those dreadful curtains and padded velvet walls makes me feel hot and sick. I can practically smell the chemicals and the cloying air freshener from this side of the Atlantic. The risk of having to be placed in one played no small part in my refusal to move there with my ex husband when he suggested it. I wouldn't even want to be driven to the airport for repatriation in one.

Cars of distinction  S3fumu5tznr11

'Cultural differences in hearse designs'...

http://theothersideoffunerals.blogspot.com/2012/03/cultural-differences-in-hearse-american.html
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 7:38 pm

Nightjar wrote:
Is that a Merak?

Cool as it obviously looks, it's the least attractive car Maserati made in the '70s.

The Bora and Ghibli made it look like a Fiat Multipla.

Quatro something? Quadro? Something like that.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 7:41 pm

Audi Quattro?

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 7:44 pm

I'd like to see you behind the wheels of a Quattro menacing cyclists on a Portsmouth hard shoulder slip road.

A little fatty replete with full English breakfasts. happy

Cars of distinction  9_quattro_1_sv_0

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 7:46 pm

A white one I think. yes

Cars of distinction  Audi-quattro_3737_4

You'd be wearing a white leather jacket and reflective aviators.

As he sprawled in the sh*t and crisp packet strewn bushes you'd bark from the open window "learn how to use that thing!" before roaring off in a cloud of toxic blue fumes. Excited

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 8:14 pm

Ultimately, it's all about the Citroën SM.

The greatest, coolest, wackiest car ever put into actual production.
Citroën bought Maserati and together they came up with this...

Cars of distinction  Citroen-sm-3-70a9e0

Cars of distinction  DSC_0497-2-940x625

Cars of distinction  Car_photo_348082

Cars of distinction  1200px-Citroen_SM_in_Stockholm_rear

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 9:04 pm

That Citroen is a very cool car, especially the back half.

I've never felt a desire to visit Royston Vasey Portsmouth.

I'm actually a very generous driver when it comes to cyclists and pedestrians (so often the latter myself). Unless they take the p*ss, like let's say, complaining bitterly about drivers after blindly sailing out into a roundabout of several lanes - cars, buses, lorries, and potentially emergency vehicles all converging on each other, all reliant for life and limb on nobody else acting like an entitled tw*t. I have it on good authority this is a frequent occurence in the Portsmouth area.

I once got off a nightbus to physically drag a bicycle out of the way. The rider was laughing in enjoyment (and gesticulating) at a whole bus being held up by him. I was on my way to a promising one night stand, and the driver very kindly opened the door to facilitate my solution. The rider wasn't laughing any more but most of the bus was. Those temporary traffic lights went from red to green and back again at least four times, so nobody can say a fair opportunity wasn't given.

My son claimed embarrassment when I offered gentle encouragement from my open window to someone in fluorescent sportswear, doing about 2mph down the middle of the Fulham Road, with countless cars and their increasingly irate owners building up behind my own vehicle. All I said was "come on you, get those little legs working faster, we're not all here for a sedate day out".

Last edited by cosmictanya on Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 9:15 pm

I would never drive a white car. I would wear a white leather jacket, but only if it was visibly the softest leather money could buy (or suede). I don't like the look and feel of stiff leather jackets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cars of distinction    Cars of distinction  Empty

Back to top Go down

Cars of distinction
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next