"I'm only famous because of my relative/co-star/other more famous associate".

+2
The Call of the Wendigo
Butterfield
6 posters

Go down

"I'm only famous because of my relative/co-star/other more famous associate". Empty "I'm only famous because of my relative/co-star/other more famous associate".

Post by Butterfield Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:18 pm

I think the title sums it up. I'm thinking of people like "Marky Mark" Wahlberg, who launched his career on the back of his brother Donnie, from New Kids On the Block.

And Solange Knowles.

Not that she launched her career off the back of Donnie Wahlberg.

Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

"I'm only famous because of my relative/co-star/other more famous associate". Empty Re: "I'm only famous because of my relative/co-star/other more famous associate".

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:48 pm

Paul Ross.

He currently has a show on Talkport, in the early hours of the morning. I swear he has to mention, "My brother," at least once every show.

I'm starting to wonder if it's in his contract.

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

"I'm only famous because of my relative/co-star/other more famous associate". Empty Re: "I'm only famous because of my relative/co-star/other more famous associate".

Post by Nightjar Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:54 pm

I'm guessing that famous people's children aren't included.

I don't think we'd ever cope with that much nepotism. sad yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:37 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:Paul Ross.

He currently has a show on Talkport, in the early hours of the morning. I swear he has to mention, "My brother," at least once every show.

I'm starting to wonder if it's in his contract.

I'd forgotten he even existed. I don't think I've seen him since the mid 00s; he used to regularly appear on those BBC shows where celebrities would talk about music, TV shows and objects from decades gone by. And that's just about the only thing I know him for.

Nightjar wrote:I'm guessing that famous people's children aren't included.

I don't think we'd ever cope with that much nepotism. sad yes

Probably not, as I think we already have a thread for such people.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:56 pm

Butterfield wrote:I think we already have a thread for such people.

ugh

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:15 pm

Danni Minogue. I'm dimly aware of some tragically under reported fact that she was actually on tv first, but that was in Australia - the colonies don't count.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:18 pm

I hate to say it...

cilla

It was a relief when all those The Beatles stories finally ceased.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:22 pm

Home and Away > Neighbours

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:28 pm

Wharrayih tawchin about? Me neybiz were a Chineez laundree and a barber shop, we nevrad a froont doh. Joost a piano from Bran Epsteeens dad.

ch pronounced as in the Scottish loch.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:31 pm

hide

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:43 pm

You can't hide, I haven't told all about me time in Hamburg again, yet. That cheque clearing is conditional on another outing of the Fab Four and me in the sixtees.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:50 pm

No, I jest. I'm a great fan of her now, she was a pro. I'm sorry I didn't rate her when she was around.

A friend does the crucifix arms/intro to Surprise Surprise when we meet for lunch. She knows I hated it. Sometimes people in restaurants even join in - reliving memories, etc.

I thought my writing in the accent was decent - it was as if Cilla has risen and popped by the forum, IMHO.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:54 pm

I hate her because of her political views.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:00 pm

I believe her retrospectively when she said she didn't have political views. Just a husband that told her how much tax she'd paid until 1979.

A couple of years ago I was going to get a lurid nylon skirt suit, a red wig, and a set of joke teeth for Halloween. Microphone in hand as the theme tune starts and a coordinated spotlight illuminates the doorway, for my entrance and very own rendition of Surprise Surprise. I can't remember what I ended up dressing as instead.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:14 pm

I remember now - I didn't really do an outfit because there were cars arriving at 1am to take everyone to a club. My nerve failed me and I couldn't face an actual night out in public, in mid-height court shoes and an old suit from Oxfam. It was a plain black jacket and trousers with a basque and pair of decent stilettos for me. Some cow in the smoking area told me I looked 'fabulous from the neck down'. The heel on my shoe snapped as I spun round on a single spike on the dance floor, but as something of a pro myself I didn't lose balance and I kept going all night. I couldn't stand upright for four days. The only other time I've been in such spinal/skeletal agony was the hellish weekend I decided speed was definitely not for me.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:13 am

Have we mentioned that the code for disagreeable passenger on aircraft is 'CB'

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down