Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL) - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL)   Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 7:21 pm

yes

Butterfield

Butterfield

Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL)   Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2022 12:52 am

I *think* I saw Middlesbrough's football ground yesterday in the distance - a lot of white girder things - and checking the map the ground is in the direction I was heading.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL)   Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2022 12:56 am

type

The bit in the middle, to the left of the ugly factory things.

Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL)   Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2022 6:22 am

On Thursday night I stayed at a Premier Inn right next to Bolton Wanderers ground. On the roundabout outside there's a statue which I think looks like a bomb.

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL)   Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 16, 2023 1:07 am

I went past the W*st Br*mwich Albi*n ground the other day (and in the process hit one of the worst and deepest potholes I've ever come across) and then a little later saw the Aston Villa ground just off a road I was driving on.

On my voyages past Sheffield near Meadowhall I think I've noticed a stadium in the near distance - there are white girders jutting up in a row that look football stadium-y. What or which might this be?
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL)   Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 16, 2023 3:56 am

The only three stadiums around there are Utd, Wednesday and Rotherham and the only one that has cantilevered girder-y things on the roof of one of the stands is Hillsborough.

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL)   Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 16, 2023 7:08 am

Is it the Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park?

It stands where Don Valley Stadium used to be.

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

PostSubject: Re: Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL)   Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 16, 2023 9:20 am

Who's Don Valley? ha ha no

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL)   Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 16, 2023 9:39 am

When I was in Dumbarton last month I heard people chanting 'Dum-bar-ton!' and realised that I had located the ground of Dumbarton FC, who were playing their last match of the season.

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL)   Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 16, 2023 1:57 pm

Nightjar wrote:
The only three stadiums around there are Utd, Wednesday and Rotherham and the only one that has cantilevered girder-y things on the roof of one of the stands is Hillsborough.

It's not on the Rotherham side of the M1.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL)   Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 16, 2023 2:00 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
Is it the Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park?

It stands where Don Valley Stadium used to be.

Could be, looking at the map it looks to be in the right sort of area.

In fact.... type

Here it is zoomed in from the M1. I think it matches up.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL)   Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Football grounds that you have driven past (and otherwise seen/entered IRL)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2